'Jersey Shore'

Cast, MTV Strike Deal

1/29/2010 11:19 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The entire "Jersey Shore" cast has agreed in principle to come back on board for Season 2 ... sources connected with the negotiations tell TMZ.

0123_jersey_shore_ex-1

As we first reported, MTV gave The Situation, Snooki, Pauly D and the rest of the crew a deadline of today at the end of business, or else they'd all be replaced. We know the offer on the table was $10,000 per episode ... we do not know the magic number that ended the stalemate.

We're told lawyers are trying to work out specific language and terms and they're all hoping they can put a bow on it tonight.

UPDATE
: We've learned Vinny accepted MTV's $10,000 per episode offer. We're told one of the terms the lawyers are hammering out is the number of appearances the cast can make outside the show. Cast members -- especially Snooki, Pauly D and The Situation -- want the right to appear at as many as four clubs and other venues a week ... where they've been raking in good money in appearance fees.

Brandon

It's sad that a bunch of idiotic, uneducated, uncultured morons can get paid this kind of money for going to clubs, making out with strangers, and starting fights. What's even sadder is that people sit at home and watch that garbage in their free time. Thanks MTV for slowly destroying what little culture and brain sense that our youth has.

DOODAD

^ Yeah, MTV should have wiped the slate.
It would have been cheaper, more entertaining, and (with proper casting) probably yield better ratings than another season of an-already-self-entitled cast.

Vonn

I watched one episode & this is pure trash tv. I wish I saw the episode when the midget was punched in the face.

ewww

The only question I have is WHY?! These people are making all this money for what exactly? This show is ridiculous, and the people are retarded.

SO

Is Angelina going to be making Season 2 since she quit?

kay

if you dont like it why watch it? I like it so to me it is worth watching, but I dont understand why all the hateres you must watch it and MTV. If not how many channels do you have? Stop already and watch something other than MTV enough people are viewing to make the show a hit so shut up and go elsewhere!!!!!!

jj

nice.....can't wait to see what goes down.better then all the other shows on mtv...I miss the music tho.

DOODAD

Why are you editing out all the comments about Sammi TMZ?
SHE RUINS THE SHOW

sense_of_a_spark

NOOOOOOOOOO!! Please say it isn't so.

Don

What a bunch of losers. $10,000 is more than any of them made in a year.

Txlivenet

Once again Viacom and MTV will financially benefit by the fact that the majority of their viewers are as ignorant as the people they put on camera. Are these cast members really that stupid or is this just proof that our society will do anything for the almighty dollar. My guess is that it’s probably both! MTV is laughing all the way to the bank while your mind turns to mush.

DOODAD

Great, another season of of the whining, crying, self-righteous and self-centered SAMMI.

CVS Whore

yea!!!!I'm gonna rent the house & make a fortune!!!!

Thanks MTV.

Peaches

WOW..........QUESTION?...WHERE'S THE TALENT? ? ? ? and why are they all soooooooooo ugly.......totally a circus, from a midget (SNOOKET, TO A BIG NOSE CLOWN (the situation) WHAT THE F IS THE SITUAITION? ? what situation????....HOW PLAIN AND SIMPLY..............SO STUPID

what a loser

I LOVE Jersey Shore. MTV is making so much money from it, the kids DESERVE to be paid their fair share. I hope they send them to somewhere new on the shore -- Wildwood? because they'll be recognized now and it will change things. Keep Angelina OFF the next season - I don't want them to waste camera time on her when the others are more than enough. maybe send them to different parts of the country -- or even world? It would be funny to see them acclimate to another culture -- even Malibu, Miami, Rio, Monaco, French Riviera, etc... Snooki and The Situation in the French Riviera (Cannes) would be GREAT!! I wish them only the best and I will be a loyal viewer! LOVE you guys!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments