Robin Williams

Loses 'A Couple of Dicks'

2/4/2010 4:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Robin WilliamsRobin Williams just lost a $6 million lawsuit over the movie "Cop Out" -- formerly titled "A Couple of Dicks."

Williams had sued Gold Circle Films, claiming he was hired to star in the flick and was entitled to a $6 million fee whether the movie was made or not. Gold Circle pulled the plug on the movie and eventually gave up the rights. Warner Bros. ended up producing the movie with Bruce Willis and Tracy Morgan.

Gold Circle claimed it never had a contract with Williams and never guaranteed him a "play or pay" fee. The judge agreed and tossed the case this morning on a summary judgment motion.

The lawsuit was filed by Williams' company, Fiat Risus, Inc.

The lawyers for Gold Circle, Michael Holtz and Marty Singer, call the case a "meritless lawsuit" and tell TMZ they will ask the court for attorney's fees and court costs.

Williams rep could not be reached for comment.

balls

balls

oh yaaaaaaaaaaa

I wish my bottom teeth looked like his! Hahahahahahhahaha Simone

juniper

yeah thats what we need more homo phobic judges

valerie

I would have rather seen Robin Williams in it.

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

"was entitled to a $6 million fee whether the movie was made or not."

Yet the dumbass, brainwashed liberal sheep are crying about banks and automobile companies giving out bonuses?!?!?! Liberal hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me.

tim

And this is News?

Bonk

What's with the Williams photo circa 1999?

Whamo

People are finally realizing RW is just NOT funny. Look at me I talk fast I must be funny because I`m so quick. Give me a brake..let me see talk like a gay guy..check..talk like a black man...check...talk like Elmer Fud...check...Prance around like a fairy..yup comedy gold I tell ya..f@cking hack!
The only thing he is good in is serious rolls! People are finally comming to there senses and calling him out for what his a HACK!

Straight But Not Narrow

KRAZY KOOKY KLOWN KIMPOSTER

I love Robin Williams. //////////////////////////////////////////boing/////////////////////////boing///////boing

~Garp & Triforce Luvva~

Holy Gawd RW! You oughta be THANKFUL you got knocked from that movie. Anything with TM in it is just gonna be lousy! Oh I hear Box Office Bombs going off now....

Better Than You

I love Robin Williams and think he is insanely funny, especially in stand-up comedy.

But what the hell has happened to his thought process when coming to choosing films? Cop Out?! Old Dogs?! Damn dude. What happened to the awesome Robin of Good Morning Vietnam? or Good Will Hunting? or Awakenings?

Does he even read the script before agreeing to projects anymore? Geez!

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

9. Why don't you stay on your "fair and balanced" neo-nazi Foxs News channel and stay off the "liberal hollywood" sites. Talk about a hypocrite.

Posted at 4:10PM on Feb 4th 2010 by whosthedouch

---------------------------------------

Bawahahahaha!!! Now the Neo-Nazis are calling others "Neo-Nazis!!" Classic!!! Like the old adage goes, you always know a Liberal's true intentions by whatever they accuse you of.

And just like a Nazi, you are trying to control where I go and what I say. Sorry douche, but the truth is getting out and we're not sitting back and allowing you Neo-Comms to lie anymore!!

Darlene

Cant blame him for trying!

PolarBear

That's too bad Robin lost the case. I wonder what Ethel Merman, Arnold S., Bart Simpson, Walter Brennan, Sarah Palin and Charlie Brown would have to say about that.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments