'Deadliest Catch' Captain Dies

2/10/2010 11:09 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

'Deadliest Catch' Captain DiesCaptain Phil Harris -- star of Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Catch" -- died about an hour ago* ... sources tell TMZ.

Harris was hospitalized a few weeks ago after suffering a stroke while unloading crabs. He had been doing better until the sudden turn.

Captain Harris died in a hospital in Alaska. He was 53.

Harris' kids, Jake and Josh, tell TMZ, "It is with great sadness that we say goodbye to our dad, Captain Phil Harris. Dad has always been a fighter and continued to be until the end. For us and the crew, he was someone who never backed down. We will remember and celebrate that strength. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers."

*This post originally went up last night at 11:45 PM ET

Captain Phil Harris

Previous 15 Comments | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Captain Hook

HOOK U AINT WORTH IT LITTLE BOY GO AWAY PUNK
**************************************
Your mother likes me!
Moron, you're in love with a fisherman who refused to stop smoking, or die.
He chose the latter.
Go watch whale wars, that will give you a big woody (then call vannessa).
What's the pity all about.
Leave me alone.

R.D. McGee

Hook they don't have enough schools to help you from being an idiot! We are talking about someone who was loved and well respoected. People are trying to respect that memory, and then along comes a Richard Head like you who wants make a big deal out of the fact that he smoked! You could never smoke in your life and die getting struck by a car crossing the street. The man exibited a real man! You on the other hand don't have enough testosterone to excite a misquito. So stop flapping your gums on stuff you know knothing about

danielle

sorry Phil was my favorite and i watched that show because of him. I have kept him in my thoughts> Today i found out he has passed Godbless His family. He will be missed:(

Rob

i cannot believe that this guys has passed away, my thoughts go to his family, RIP Phil, you will always be remembered for your contribution to the fishing world.

robert

my heart goes out to the harris family your father reminded me of mine they passed about the same time i watched every show i will miss him my thoughts and prayers go out to the boys jake hang in there do the right thing u promised your dad keep his legend going its all up to u and your brother i wish the best for the both of u and your father he is in heaven now maybe talking to my father just keep your heads up and stay strong.

yun126

pat blyton

im so very sorry we watched the show in the uk, its a great loss, my prayers go to his family, god bless, he was such a great man to watch, and he made the show and will be sadly missed,

deadliestcatchlover

R.i.p Phil you will be missed.... Everytime i watched the episode were he dies i still cry so much :( goodbye skipper

Benjamin Harvey

Our family are very sorry for you lose. We have watched deadliest catch from the start and our prayers are with you through this hard time.

Previous 15 Comments | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24