John Mayer

Sorry for Dropping

the N-Word

2/10/2010 6:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John MayerJohn Mayer is apologizing for using the N-Word in that explosively controversial Playboy interview in which he compared his penis to a white supremacist.

During the interview, Mayer stated that "black people" love him -- and then he brought up the topic of a "hood pass."

While explaining the meaning of a hood pass, Mayer said, "It's sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a hood pass, you could call it a n*gger pass."

But moments ago, Mayer issued an apology, via Twitter, saying "I am sorry that I used the word. And it's such a shame that I did because the point I was trying to make was in the exact opposite spirit of the word itself."

Mayer added, "It was arrogant of me to think I could intellectualize using it, because I realize that there's no intellectualizing a word that is so emotionally charged."

V

I have been a John Mayor fan for years. I happen to be a half Black and half Italian woman that would kiss the feet John Mayor would walk on....then I heard this...not only have I brushed of the other issues he has had in the public eye...I STILL loved him and his music....now I am no longer a fan and am heart broken about it. What an A$$ !!!

its me

does anyone remember an episode when Kim kardashian
( who is WHITE) she said I'm a strong woman! why couldn't she say SHES A STRONG WHITE WOMAN?? black women say it.

well i AM a STRONG WHITE woman!! < does anyone think thats being rascist?

karma

I think we all might go blind if John doesn't stop talking about masturbation.

tard

Ha ha. White guy said the N word. What a tard. Wait...I don't get to nail hot celebs. Teach me. Please.

Mikey

Its his penis that hates black people, not him.

kat

OMG He is such an idiot. I cannot understand what is so great about him. He has shown us who he is BELIEVE HIM! What a fool. Just b/c you sell a few records and make yourself famous on twitter and carrying a camera around filming yourself does not make you a smart cultured person with any kind of brain. Go away, John!

Dick

I see, it's ok for a black person to say ni99er but not a white guy without an apology. Blacks are mainly responsible for racisim, think about it. If there were no more racisim ( I wish )the ACLU, Affirmitave action, Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton would not exist. they feed on racisim. “racism” is always in regards to or directed towards whites and/or ‘White America’, even though the examples of black racism are abundant.

V

I really hope that he reads all of these comments so he can see how many fans just on TMZ that he has either upset or hurt....

Chris

Black people generally have horrendous attitudes, often feel self-entitled, are far too familiar with crime, drugs and gang activity and are usually deserving of every syllable of criticism that they get because of it. As a race of people, they're pretty messed up and have a LONG WAY TO GO. But that's just my experience with them. That might not be everybody's. Where I live, blacks are about 40% of the population.

Wickeddoll

I'm less concerned about the n-word, than I am his crack about black women throwing themselves at him.

Bull, and might I add, sh*t.

Black woman talking, who never threw herself at anyone, least of all this f*ckwit.

georgejansen

you can' use the n word the r word the j word the s word the c word .....h ord c word m word p word. w word a word w word g word t word f word r word?

h word a word n ord d word

Sue

This guy is such an idiot. His publicist should stop him from doing anymore interviews. He used to come off as just a pretenious, pompous, arrogant twit. Now he's starting to sound mentally imbalanced. Seriously, I'm startint to wonder about his emotional stability.

TTSquare7

how can he explain what he doesnt and something that doesnt exist

scissors

Oh for Chrissakes just DIE already. THAT'S who I forgot to put on my ghoolpool list this year. Dammit.

Clear as can be

John -- they've invented the test you've been waiting for. It's called a functional MRI. It's a no fail way to test for personality disorders. My bet is that you're a sociopath. Isn't it cool that they can tell you for sure now? No more waiting or wondering to find out what's wrong with you. Go for it.