Dennis Hopper: My Wife is Killing Me

2/11/2010 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dennis Hopper has filed legal papers in his bitter divorce case ... Dennis says he's perfectly capable of making decisions, and his doctor claims the less Dennis has to do with his estranged wife, Victoria, the longer he will live.

In the documents, Dennis' lawyer, Joe Mannis, says while his client battles advanced prostate cancer, Victoria has "repeatedly subjected [him] to severe emotional distress."

According to Dr. David Agus' declaration, "The presence of his estranged wife is hampering Mr. Hopper's present cancer care..." Dr. Agus added, "It is my belief and recommendation that the less Mr. Hopper has to do with his estranged wife at this time, the more likely he is to have his life extended."

Dennis is asking the judge for an order keeping Victoria 15 yards away from him and barring her from his residence.

Dennis filed for divorce against Victoria last month. She claims Dennis' adult children are pulling his strings and want to cut her out of his will. In their declarations, Dennis and his doctor say the actor is of sound mind to make his own decisions.

Under the prenup between Dennis and Victoria, if they divorce she loses her 25% cut of Dennis' estate.

In Dennis' declaration, he says Victoria's mother "...told me in November of 2009 that I should simply leave the bulk of my property to [Victoria] as I was going to die soon. I found this statement distressing, inappropriate, bizarre, and disturbing."

Dennis also says last December, Victoria and her mother woke him up in the middle of the night and grilled him about how much money and property Victoria would get when Dennis died.

As for Victoria's claims that Dennis smoked medical marijuana in front of their young girl, he says he has never smoked in front of the child. Dennis says Victoria's demand that he not smoke within six hours of seeing their daughter is "an absurd request." He says he would agree to not smoke pot within one hour of visitation.

Dennis is asking for daily visitation rights to 6-year-old Galen between 5 and 7 PM.

We're told the prenup says Victoria must leave Dennis' compound where she currently resides, 60 days after divorce papers were filed -- so the move-out date would be March 11.

And Dennis wants Victoria to give him his stuff back, mainly artwork.

Dennis Hopper

Jack

Just say NO to marriage! The sex will grow old very quickly and you will grow to despise your spouse.

Jack

just ask Dennis.

Digi Jeff

I feel sorry for Dennis....she sounds like a cold hearted bitch like my ex-wife. Women are something else.

jfp

Was she only after the money from an old fool all along??
Gee, that never happens........

Cartman

Dennis, you are going to hell for treating your wife of 13 years, the mother of your daughter, like she's a handful of used toilet paper.

I used to be a fan.

northern gypsy

well...well...well...what have we here ???
too bad about the cancer...but...think about your young daughter...
keep this up she will need therapy long after your gone !!!

harshLesson

His wife looks like an evil witch. shes probably the direct cause of his cancer. give her $666.00 and tell her to hit the road with her gypsy ass

karma

How sad this woman seems to want her husband dead so she can collect. I hope the law protects Mr. Hopper as much as it can including smoking medical marijuana as he needs it, I was once ignorant about its benefits too till my brother in law took me aside and schooled me about his dying relative of cancer.

I BE DARNELL

YO...POTHEAD ..U CALLA MEE AN DOAN WOOREE AB OUTIT.

Eddie

CAN YOU SAY HEARTLESS, WORTHLESS, DISGUISTING, PIECE OF GARBAGE GOLD DIGGING A$$ WHORE....

Gerry

why doesnt he try stem cells for the cancer? i have heard using your own or others grown stem cells is a cure, a real cure> there are clinical trials and no surgery involved usually, or small surgeries

JLS

Dennis is an awful man being manipulated by his adult children at the end of his life. It's clear this physician cannot know all the facts. He hasn't interviewed the wife-I'd be my fortune on it. This is a sick move from his kids.

hawnandhudsonbothsuck

Dennis Hopper is an awesome man. So sad about his health issues right now. I am very confused as to why people are SO judgmental of him in these comments. This is HIS life, he is dying and he has a right to do whatever he needs to in order to get better and have QOL (that's quality of life for you F&*$*tards!), while he is ill. THIS does not include some selfish wench talking about what to do after he dies with hie $$, OR how he should deal with Medication (yeah MED Marijuana IS medication, hence the WORD MED in front of it-doy). For F*^&*$cks sake...have some compassion you psycho SNATCH!
OH and PS- please try and get well soon Dennis, your fans LOVE you!

Gerry

and he should wait six hours after smoking a mind altering substance, unless he is just visiting the child and is not in charge of the childs care, then one or two hours would be ok. well he gets to smoke pot. im sure the wife is manipulsting him. let her get a job, unless he is not going to support his child, then that is not right. he needs to support all his children, but not his ex. oh i dunno anymore. it is all about the motives of people i guess. if the ex wife is manipulative and bad it is genetic and she cant help it, so just get away from her,but dont desert her monetarily. just dont give all your money to her. also, i wish someone would listen to me when i say stem cells. i am giving out good advice on here, and i am not one for writing so heed it please. there are stem cell trials you can join by going to clinicaltrials.gov and typing in stem cell and the disease. or there are doctors who utilize stem cells and you can google it. i will do it for you, if you reply to me. remember these are not embryonic stem cells. they are donor cells from adults or they can use your own cells. they have been doing this therapy for years in veteranary schools and i dont see why it is not common by now.

JustWatchMe

If you gotta go - go in peace. How horrible to be clobbered with harrassment and negative energy when you are dying of cancer. And as far as smoking weed - unless you personally suffer from cancer and all that goes with it, you shouldn't judge it.

Poor guy. If his wife really is that big of a %$#@*&, she needs to be completely banned from Dennis' life.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments