Dennis Hopper: My Wife is Killing Me

2/11/2010 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dennis Hopper has filed legal papers in his bitter divorce case ... Dennis says he's perfectly capable of making decisions, and his doctor claims the less Dennis has to do with his estranged wife, Victoria, the longer he will live.

In the documents, Dennis' lawyer, Joe Mannis, says while his client battles advanced prostate cancer, Victoria has "repeatedly subjected [him] to severe emotional distress."

According to Dr. David Agus' declaration, "The presence of his estranged wife is hampering Mr. Hopper's present cancer care..." Dr. Agus added, "It is my belief and recommendation that the less Mr. Hopper has to do with his estranged wife at this time, the more likely he is to have his life extended."

Dennis is asking the judge for an order keeping Victoria 15 yards away from him and barring her from his residence.

Dennis filed for divorce against Victoria last month. She claims Dennis' adult children are pulling his strings and want to cut her out of his will. In their declarations, Dennis and his doctor say the actor is of sound mind to make his own decisions.

Under the prenup between Dennis and Victoria, if they divorce she loses her 25% cut of Dennis' estate.

In Dennis' declaration, he says Victoria's mother "...told me in November of 2009 that I should simply leave the bulk of my property to [Victoria] as I was going to die soon. I found this statement distressing, inappropriate, bizarre, and disturbing."

Dennis also says last December, Victoria and her mother woke him up in the middle of the night and grilled him about how much money and property Victoria would get when Dennis died.

As for Victoria's claims that Dennis smoked medical marijuana in front of their young girl, he says he has never smoked in front of the child. Dennis says Victoria's demand that he not smoke within six hours of seeing their daughter is "an absurd request." He says he would agree to not smoke pot within one hour of visitation.

Dennis is asking for daily visitation rights to 6-year-old Galen between 5 and 7 PM.

We're told the prenup says Victoria must leave Dennis' compound where she currently resides, 60 days after divorce papers were filed -- so the move-out date would be March 11.

And Dennis wants Victoria to give him his stuff back, mainly artwork.

Dennis Hopper

Pat

It just dawned on me...
Did Eve and Adam have a contract?
Does the Pope have a contract
being married to God?
Who needs a marriage contract?
Oh, I know...The Lawyers!
How do you like them apples?

parents?

This is a joke right? Is anyone really shocked at the fact that a rich old man married a young beautiful woman and now that he is dying she is worried about the will and her $$!! She is a gold digging whore and he is a pervert. I am so sick of listening to men play the victim when a young, hot woman ends up going after the money...WTF do they think she is with him for? If these men would go after and marry REAL women, women with brains and character, instead of fake tits and botox, then they would be involved in REAL relationships based on love and respect.

Mr. Roboto

Can you imagine how bad it is for the rest of us that can't afford an army of lawyers? The truth is marriage has become a one way ticket to hoboville for many men.

venicementor

I live around the corner and Victoria is who she is and worse. Unfortunately, Dennis was thinking with his little head when he married her, because there were many folks who knew it would be a matter of time before this was going to happen. It is just that there are those who think children "seal the deal" when there is a prenup involved. Please, I hope the court tells her to get lost as she is going to try and sucker punch him when it comes to child support, as it is. It is sad to see Dennis as ill as he is. I hope he gets her off his back.

BumBum

Dennis why dont you just take out all yo money from da bank and blow it on booze n hookers then no one gets it.

disgusted

marry a much younger trophy wife, find out she only wants your money and doesn't really love you right when you need help and support: right when she thinks you are going to die.

egocentric douchebags, you will never learn.

DangerBaby

Oh, come on. An easy rider dude needs protection from his soon-to-be ex? Not buying it. I'm sure someone knows full well that the restraining order will cause severe emotional stress to Victoria. I hope she has a good lawyer.

Robyn

Yep this is what I don't get about rich older men. They want these young women and don't understand they just want them for the MONEY. Duh!! Don't blame the woman. She is set for life. Never has to work again. May this be a lesson to old farts. Also, quit dogging marriage. If you do it right it can be really wonderful.

anthony

new treatment at loma linda medical center in california.... they use a special lazer that focuses on the cancer area for treatment and reduces the body to exposure from the typical treatments.

juniper

the wickked witch needs to go down the yellow brick road with all the other liability cases that causes one spouse to almost lose it

123

Poor guy. What a wench. For the sake of their daughter, she should be bending over backwards to be nice to Dennis, and give him as much time with her as possible. His daughter deserves access to her father. Sad sad sad.

M

17 hit the spot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. It just dawned on me...
Did Eve and Adam have a contract?
Does the Pope have a contract
being married to God?
Who needs a marriage contract?
Oh, I know...The Lawyers!
How do you like them apples
?

And it is a trip (SCARY) that there are people that are not on his side in this - astonishingly scary......shakes face back and forth bug eyed

TOKERS EX CHICK

I'M GLAD THIS IS WORKING OUT FOR HIM AND THAT THE JUDGE DIDN'T ALLOW THE MEDICAL MARIJUANA TO BE A FACTOR - AS IT SHOULDN'T IN THIS ACTION. I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHO THE JUDGE WAS... IT SOUNDS LIKE HE'S FOLLOWING THE LAW CORRECTLY HERE AND THEY DON'T ALWAYS.

Fred Farkel

Oh my god, I cannot believe this!!

About a year ago I got a call from my doc that I was in trouble with my prostrate. I called my family together sat them down and told them that it may be a rough go for a while.

My point??

My (now ex) wife went completely berzerk upon hearing that I possibly was in trouble - I have never heard such mean and hurtful things (menopausal hormones, I will say no more) but rather than wait for anything dreadful to develop... I filed for divorce immediately... and the b!tch has been gone for 6 months now.

Best news??

My prostrate biopsy came back NORMAL - and lucky me - that THING is outta my life.

MEN??

As you read here everyday on TMZ... this marraige think IS NOT WORTH IT. I don't care if you are famous or dirt poor... it is a ridiculous waste of time and since Tila Tequila came on the scene, the woman have gone completely out of their minds.

JUST SAY NO TO MARRIAGE AND BE HAPPY!!

rggirt

Dennis Hopper's downfall in life was when the little head began thinking and acting for the big head. He's been a sex slave and addict for years and now is paying for it with heartbreak and cancer of the prostate. How pathetic and sad when a man with talent is obsessed with female genitals.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments