Paula Abdul -- Stern 'Hates' American Idol, But ...

2/12/2010 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Abdul finally declared her opinion on the Howard Stern situation this morning .... but moments after taking a stand, the former "American Idol" judge seemed to flip-flop worse than John Kerry.

Paula Abdul: Click to watch

It all went down when Paula was on her way in to a radio interview in Phoenix, Arizona when a cameraman -- not ours -- asked what she thought of Stern possibly taking over for Simon Cowell.

Paula's reply: "I don't think that's gonna happen ... I don't know ... funnier things happen."

When the cameraman asked why Stern would be qualified for the gig, Abdul responded, "He hates the show ... I don't even know why ... He doesn't hate a hundred million though."

FYI -- Simon is only reportedly making about $50 mil a season.

sternhater

HOWARD STERN IS THE MOST DISGUSTING MAN I HAVE EVER HAD THE UNFORTUNE TO SEE/HEAR. HIS SHOW IS DISGUSTING - AND IF HE JOINS THE AI TEAM - I'M OUTA THERE. AI IS TOO MUCH A FAMILY SHOW FOR THE LIKES OF OBNOXIOUS - FILTHY STERN.

dom

Hiring Howard Stern for Idol would be the biggest mistake ever and their complete downfall. I dont think the show should go on once simon leaves anyway, but stern would not be a good replacement. Stern only has balls and does his "mean act" behind the protection of the radio microphone. In person, it is a whole different story. He apparently is a very nice and quiet guy. I dont see him being as "biting" as AI Execs probably think he would be. IT would be a BIG mistake. Sorry Howard.

isshh

I HATE AMERICAL IDOL too!!!

Homer

Yo, ima really happy for ya Paula, and ima let ya finish, but Arte Johnson was one of the best T.V. talent show judges of all time, of all time!

UGGGGHHH

HOWARD STERN is DISGUSTING and would bring down the RATINGS.

He is also UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY and has noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo talent.

LOW LIFE

sam

tmz, you could do with getting an external microphone, the quality is really bad. Also whats with massive black bars on the left and right?

CriticAl

I agree with "sad but true".

I can't imagine a worse choice than Howard for an Idol judge.

CriticAl

Darlene

Iam glad she no longer is on American Idol! Shes a has been & I cant stand her!

Anna

QUESTION: Are those huge mc donalds french fries in the back of the room?

Darlene

Cant stand that has been *PAULA*!!!!

Cappy Lills Kid

Stern is a real slime doggie - the day he's joins AI is the day i stop watching

kathie

Stern is a has been.

TMZ hits a new low

For your a-holes who don't listen to Howard, and this includes Paula Abdul, he is a HUGE fan of the show and watches it religiously. And he's all about the NO b.s., so he'd be great if Simon is going. In fact, I can't think of a better star power person, someone I personally love as a radio personality and have listened to for 25 years. It's fairly certain that people who complain about Howard don't subscribe to Sirius and/or haven't heard him more than once. There are show co-stars who can be idiots with their prank calls, etc., or truly not bright (looking at Sal Governale), but Howard himself is very intelligent, witty, kind, considerate and DIRECT. I vote for him all day long to take Simon's place and wouldn't miss a second of it. And by the way, I am a corporate CEO so have half a brain myself to say what's right.

TMZ hits a new low

And by the way, we miss you Artie.
BaBaBooey.
And, Jackie: feel free to stay away from this show.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments