'Deadliest Catch' Star Busted for DUI

2/19/2010 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

'Deadliest Catch' Star Jake HarrisTMZ has learned "Deadliest Catch" star Jake Harris is currently behind bars -- after cops say the 24-year-old got into a car crash while intoxicated late last night.

Washington State troopers have confirmed that Jake -- whose father Captain Phil Harris passed away earlier this month -- was arrested in Seattle on suspicion of DUI, hit and run, and driving with a suspended license ... all three misdemeanors.

Jake was taken to a nearby jail, where he was booked.

Bail was set at $1,500.

Elizabeth

I'll post his bail @ $1500.00

karma

Aww Jake, this is not the way. Alcohol will only make things worse, find help in your friends, family and ship mates. Hey 'Deadliest Catch' peeps, help a brother out with his grief. Take your punishment, Jake and get back on track...your Dad wouldn't want to see you in this predicament.

Jessica

7. Awww Jake! No matter how bad things are 'ya don't get behind the wheel drunk! I hope no one was hurt in the accident and Jake gets some help dealing with his grief!

Posted at 4:15PM on Feb 19th 2010 by Artrina

I totally agree

LongJohn69

It's a wonder Phil lasted as long as he did. Those boys were a major factor in his early demise if you ask me. I'm just sayin.....

mark

no i think if the old man was still here he would not put his boot in jakes ass he would just TAKE HIS FULL SHARE BACK AND THAT WOULD BE BAD BACOUSE WE ALL KNOW HOW HE WHAT TO BE A FULL SHARE GUY

John

I hate people who drink and drive and most of the people who act like is no big deal but hell I can't say it couldn't have happened to me.

Not many fathers have good bonds with there sons. Its got to be tough on the guy..

mamajj

This is terrible news. It's OK to have some drinks
after you lose someone just don't drive. I hope he can pull it
together.
I don't know why some of you think the show is over? Yes
Cap. Phil will be missed & the show won't be the same.
But there are other colorful captains on the show.
I feel the show will go on. Question is will Jake & Josh
be on it? Tomorrow the Discovery Channel is having a tribute
to Captain Phil. Starting at noon. RIP Captain Phil.

sandy

I was going to run down to the jail and bail him out. But then it occured to me that maybe that is where he needs to sit for a little while.He could have killed himself or another innocent person.I hope he gets help- he is a good kid and is so much pain.

Trevor

Book him, fine him, put him is jail. I'm very sorry his dad died but that is NO EXCUSE for DUI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

123

He made a mistake. I am sure this is a very hard time for him and hopefully it will be a learning experience. He could have been killed or killed somebody else. I'm sure he would not want to put his family through anything more.

L Weir

I hope that Jake finds his footing again and soon! So much sadness for a young man to lose his father. Jake - if you read these blogs - live to a higher standard and make your father proud.

Todd

He already had a suspended license. He hit a car before he was caught. He could have seriously hurt or killed someone. That's a great to remember his father. DUI on a suspended license he hopefully will have to spend some time in jail for his actions. Not sure what the laws are for DUI and a suspended license in WA?

Samantha

Aww I feel so bad for him, people have different ways of coping but in this case you'd think his older brother might try and set a good example.

HW

I've lost quite a few relatives, my own brother died a tragic drunk driving death, by choice. The amount of times I turn to booze when things get bad.... Zero. It's all about choices. No matter the excuse, drunk driving is a choice and a crime. I will pray for him and his, but no sympathy from me where his lame choice making comes in. We can not excuse this stuff, he may have killed someone else's Father or Brother.

Alvi

Reports on sites like this one aren't always accurate. Jake was booked for SUSPICION of DUI and hit-and-run because his car matched reports about the car involved in the said incidents. And then he did test positive for liquor. It is likely he could have been the one involved. Wouldn't there be damage in his car if he did rear-end another car?

For those who said the guy is a moron, please don't judge. We like to think we know him but we only really see what the few footages they chose and do make it through editing. All i know for sure is that Phil loved his boys and the boys loved and respect him (although they do ride him and mess up).. i also know that Phil was especially close to Jake.

P.S. Suspended license can be caused by a number of reasons (ex. unpaid parking tickets, expired license), i think it's wrong for us to JUDGE and assume he'd hit-and-run before. From what i know, this seems like the first time he'd been arrested for something like that. Otherwise, we would have heard about it.

Although I think drinking and driving is inexcusable, his case is understandable. Irresponsible but not surprising--not because he's a moron, but cos his dad just died. It could have happened to any of us. THe only difference is we don't have all our faults and indiscretions plastered all over the net with people who don't know us judging us.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments