Penn Photog

I Needed Surgery

After Kick

2/22/2010 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The photographer Sean Penn kicked back in October needed surgery on his knee, his lawyer tells TMZ.

0219_penn_tmz_video-1
Penn was charged with misdemeanor battery and misdemeanor vandalism after he kicked a photog (see video above) and allegedly broke his camera (that part wasn't caught on video) during a fracas back in October.

The photog's lawyer tells TMZ the lensman needed knee surgery as a result of the incident. The lawyer said he wanted to avoid pressing charges against Penn, but was "stonewalled" by his attorneys.

If convicted on both counts, Penn could go to jail for 1 1/2 years.

Natalie

wow. Everyone needs to just calm down.

Jethrow

Will someone please just beat the crap out of one of these celebs already. Granted the paps can be annoying as hell, but hey they're just doing they're job. These celebrities think they are untouchable and can go around assaulting people without any repercussion. Had someone thrown a little b#tch kick like the one in this video at me, celebritiy or not, he's going to find out what a real trained kick feels like. I guess the assaulted would rather take the abuse and sue them later. One day I'll log onto tmz and see that one of these actors got their ass handed back to them. :-)

blanket jackson

what a dumb azz at least hes not a child molesting pedophile like micheal jackson.

CriticAl

Cha-ching. This guy has dollar signs in his eyes.

But I hope he presses charges. Penn needs to go to the big house and cool his heels for a while. He's been too big of an a-hole for too long.

ex lax

send penn to the pin

Democrats are evil

Sean Penn deserves all the misery that is coming his way. His hate America stance and the public affection to socialist and dictatorship governments reserves himself a first class seat in hell when he dies. I have no sympathy for this loser because everything he has attained in this world is only because he was lucky enough to be born in this wonderful country called the United States of America that he shows nothing but contempt for. Keep kicking the paps Sean. Nothing would make me happier than to see you go to jail you ignorant liberal pig you.

wasted days and wasted nights

Earache, my eye.

justSAYIN

Wow the Penn really is mightier than the sword.
Keep up the good work Sean.

JustWatchMe

Ya know, I understand the whole famous thing and how that opens you up to a lot of publicity, but enough is enough (just like when the pap filmed Julia Roberts kids when they were coming out from school, she understandably rode their azzes). I obviously like celeb gossip as much as the next person, but if I couldn't go get a donut without a camera shoved in my face, I would probably freaking lose it after awhile myself.

The pap got in SEAN PENN'S FACE!!!! What did he expect? Sean has a temper that is infamous - so I claim the pap should of known to not provoke him. Do you go get into a lion's cage and expect a warm welcome? Why not? 'Cause you will suffer the ramifications if you do.

Dumb Azz pap. Gossip is one thing - stealing someone's soul is another. I'm glad he got kicked. And he should be man enough to deal with what goes with his trade - instead of sqealing like a beotch because he was kicked in the shin. Puss

tiv

He didnt even touch his knee what a crock of crap these paps need to be told off by the judges you want this kind of job deal with it at your own risk !!!

Juliette

Do you think any of these photog's are getting it through their thick skulls that people want their privicy and want to be left alone. They don't want camera's stuck in their faces everytime they step outside their homes. I don't agree with the kicking and hitting but enough is enough. When famous people ask to be left alone, LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!!!
If they can't respect that, then they are responsible for what happens to themselves. Also, after watching the video and having 5 knee surgeries myself, I think the photog in this incident is milking this for all it's worth. He wasn't it that hard to do the damage to his knee that he's complaining about. If the baby can't take the heat then he needs to get out.

Nancy "O"

Okay Sean, you want your privacy, right. Therefore we pledge to never watch your one-sided quasi political motivated movies and certainly wouldn't pay another dime from our hard earned money to watch this crap. You'll definitely get the privacu you need because you won't have a fan in rhe world.

juniper

last i heard penn is entitled to freedom of speech as well the the lens guy so they should welcome each others rants and not complain

Bring 'Em Young

It cracks me up when dudes that get off on pretending to be tough guys on TMZ have fantasies about jailhouse sex with Sean Penn they share with the rest of us. I look forward to reading more by this guy.

Googie

Penn should face consequences since the pap was not near him. Penn had a ways to go to kick this guy. Penn should know that he gets big bucks not just for acting but putting up with his fans while he's out in public. The paps were just doing their jobs. If Penn doesn't like it, get out of the business.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments