Travis Barker Pap Attack -- What Set Him Off

2/22/2010 11:42 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Travis Barker was challenged to a fight by a photog just one hour before yesterday's nuclear showdown -- and TMZ has now obtained video of the confrontation that ignited the whole thing.

The video shows an antagonizing cameraman (not TMZ) seriously getting into it with Travis, inciting him by saying, "Whatcha gonna do?" as Barker walked with his children into Marmalade Cafe at the Commons.

Travis is seen swinging at the camera and yelling "I'll kick the s**t outta you bro ... if I didn't have my little girl in my hands ... give me an hour and I'll meet you." The photog said he'd be waiting.

As we previously reported, neither of the guys Travis and Co. fought with on the way out are the photog in this video.

Icebaby

He just asked him a question and Travis got out of hand. So, he still sucks. Poor little girl.

Just sayin'

Great example for your kid, Travis. Show her that violence is the way. SMH.

kromen

You claim it wasn't your staff, but you still end up with the video.

Bren

I don't see why any pap would act like this toward a celebrity, let alone one that has children around. Now you know why celebs hate paps so much. God knows what was said before what we saw. As a parent, I would be pissed off too. I don't know how I would react in that situation because I have never been in it. Travis should have kept his cool and ignored it, but different people react in different ways, especially when kids are involved.

sara

We HATE the paps and it's partially thanks to you TMZ.

I'd watch a show called Paps Hunt where they follow these douchebags back to their holes and follow them around for a few days. Because following people around trying to capture their sorrow or frustrations on film so you can sell it is really saving the world.

Read that again

venicementor

It is unfortunate that the wrong pap got the brunt of the anger. But hey, those are the breaks and it comes with the territory. Call it an "occupational hazard" and move on.

flo

Where is Childrens Services, he was holding his daughter when he attacked the photographer, what a nice example for his kids.

Jane

Travis started it, not the papp. The papp was just asking him why he was "speeding", meaning walking so fast. All Travis had to do was keep going and maybe give him a throw away answer. The papp didn't ask him anything rude. I think they should leave celebrities alone when they are with their kids, but that ain't gonna happen, so it is up to the celebrity to control the situation. Travis should apologize to his little girl for losing his temper and making a scene for no real reason other than suffering from testosterone poisoning.

flo

I see his near death experience taught him nothing about patience and dignity.

Icebaby

So sorry, it's over. Where's Scott?

kim

Out of line in front of his daughter. Be the bigger man and walk away. Show your kids how to be the bigger person not get confrontational with someone so obviously trying to get a ris eout of him. Travis you fell for it =(

hkamania

typical trash, ur kid is gonna be a future star banger, and u will be a washed up "where are they now special". PS ur kids ugly!

Shesextreme DOT com!

TMZ you guys lie. Why do you have the EXCLUSIVE video??? These foreigner Paps "WHAT YOU DO, WHAT YOU DO....HUH"
Ya like that was necessary. Can't we vote on a law to get these F*uckers to stay a safe distance away so there is no verbal contact!
LETS MAKE IT LAW - FINE THE PAPS
LETS MAKE IT LAW - FINE THE PAPS
LETS MAKE IT LAW - FINE THE PAPS

You saw the look on that poor little girls face.....

P.S. - Travis you are the best!!!!

Harvey.

After watching the previous video you guys posted, everything makes sense. The pap in this video definitely deserved to get his a** kick for trying to incite Travis while he had his daughter. The paps that Travis saw on his way out just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time since the first pap had told Travis he'd be waiting. The paps in the second video did not deserve what happened to them--especially since they were filiming from INSIDE their car! But watching both videos, I could see how Travis may have thought they were the same people.

For the most part, I don't agree with some of the tactics that the paps use to get a photo but in the previous video you guys posted of this incident, I think Travis did way to much especially given that the 2 paps were not involved with the first incident and posed no threat to Travis--even telling him that they respected him.

Funny part though: This pap still recording after two other paps went through sh*t for what this guy started....priceless.

kim

The poor little girl had that look on her face because of her fathers reaction! Had her father just ignored the pap the little girl would not have been scared. Travis made it seem like this guy was going to assault them or physically harm them when he was obviously trying to get a rise out of Travis and travcis fell for it! Travis tyrade did way more harm to his daughter than the presence of the pap.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments