« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Olympic Golden Boy Won't Smack Talk Russia

2/24/2010 9:01 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Gold medalist Evan Lysacek's been trashed by a Russian figure skater for his winning routine -- but the U.S. Olympian ain't looking to talk smack back.

Evan Lysacek: Click to watch
We got the winning skater ... and his gold medal ... outside "Larry King Live" last night, where he said Evgeni Plushenko's routine was "inspired" -- and the Russian is only criticizing Evan because "he's under a lot of pressure."

Translation: I beat his ass fair and square.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Daniel

Evan is great, he deserves the medal !!!

Fine men's and woman's diamond jewelry at affordable prices

LJ

Evan, you got lucky. That's all. Now you can get laid. Russia is the best.

Maria

I just watched the video,Wow what a guy.He certainly has respect for Plushenko even though he is well aware of evrything he has said about him.I am not an expert,however I have watched both skaters numerous times and feel that the right person won gold.This was Not just about a difficult jump,it was the whole program!! Plushenko was sloppy,not near as crisp as Evan.Plushenko maybe needs to retire.

No Comment

Proud to have him representing the US and the Olympics. He is such a gentleman. Congrats Evan!

Vienna

Even though I really like Evgeni, this guy is very nice. He deserved the Gold Metal. I'm really happy that him and Nastia Liukin are dating.

crystal

First of all, I find Plooshy's behavior to be childish and dispicable. He is the worst sore loser that I have seen in my life. Since he is making a mockery of the silver medal and the olympics, then maybe he should give it back to the olympic officicals. The officials can then give it to another athlete more worthy of it who would appreciate it more. Plooshy can then stuff his platinum medal you know where. I think its funny how the only people who oppose Evan's gold medal are the stupid Russians and a few other insignificant stupid people who have no clue about figure skating. Stupid people who think a quad and a sloppy performance wins a gold, those are the ones who oppose Evan's gold medal. I also think Russians need to keep their mouths shut, because they are notorious for cheating. All those medals won by the Russians due to dishonest judging and co-conspiracies with other eastern bloc nations, including china, and France. Russians are hypocrites and cheaters. Woosie Plooshy didn't deserve the gold and he is an example for children how not to behave when things don't go their way. Grow up Plooshy!!!

Rupert Ralston

My name is Rupert Ralston and I approve Evan abstaining from talking cheap about the Russian skaters.

Kenneth