DMX

The First Arrest

of 2010

3/9/2010 10:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0309_dmx_ex2-1DMX was arrested earlier today in Arizona -- and now his lawyer is reaching out to the one man who he believes can save him ... Dr. Drew Pinsky.

The details of the arrest are unclear -- but the rapper's lawyer Gary Jenkins tells us "He's been battling addiction for some time and he's in need of treatment."

Jenkins also tells us, "We're hoping that maybe Dr. Drew might be able to help him."

DMX -- aka Earl Simmons -- was arrested a bazillion times over the last two years for all sorts of reasons ... including drug charges.

Jenkins added, "He's a talented man ... we're praying for him."

UPDATE 5:04 PM PT: We've also learned more details of DMX's arrest. We're told he allegedly violated the terms of his probation by using illegal drugs.

UPDATE 8:06 PM PT: DMX has been booked on five counts of probation violation and is being held without bond. We're also told he launched a few expletives during his initial court hearing tonight -- we'll have video of it in the morning ... so stay tuned!

whodatgurl

I hope that Dr Drew can actually save him...he's been gone for soo long. He needs to get healthy for his kids

Lisa

One thing I hate about people like this is they are all about god but then do things like this or they kill. Didn't he just do a gospel show? See what I mean...

Radish_Not_Vic

Yes, he should totally be on celebrity rehab. It would be great!

NateGriffin

DMX is good at two things: taking drugs and f#$king

MzCaliAttorney

Shame...he does need treatment, isn't he bipolar?? Self-medicating maybe

shuffler

What a life, to live with enough to be able to afford addictions.

From what TMZ tells me, one of his addictions is the white housewife (with 3 kids and unhappy life, presumably).

Love, shuffler

herman

jerry you are a piece of sh^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fan

Yes, get him onto Celebrity Rehab. Great show. It sure couldn't hurt him to give it a try!

steroidman

shuffler

13. There are some REALLY STUPID people on here! DMX is not married to a white woman! Get your facts straight shuffler!

Posted at 7:53PM on Mar 9th 2010 by Common Sense
-------

Hi.
You may want to re-read what I wrote and then tell me where I said that.

Love, shuffler

karma

He looks so lost and sad. Sorry, I don't know who he is, I'm half old. But someone help him please, the look in this eyes is pure misery, I hope he gets well soon.

dezzy88

Remember when DMX was like this? http://tiny.cc/tLWt6

Geez

This is where all you other Hip Hop thugs with so much bravado and arrogance are headed.

nemmy