Corey Haim Approached by 'Celebrity Rehab'

3/10/2010 3:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Corey Haim was approached in the last 10 days by the casting company for "Celebrity Rehab" ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with Dr. Drew's show tell us casting producers called Corey. They say he was "extremely defensive and insulted, saying, 'It's the last show I'd ever do.'"

Our sources say the 3-minute conversation ended with Corey saying, "I do not need help."

We're also told the casting producers spoke with Corey's mom last October at an autograph convention, pitching the show.

Eric

This will be news for awhile

gaameznyc

you can than MJ for this one, haim never got to speak the truth of who was the "one" at 14.

Pat G

So Sad !!

.:Loki 4Ever:.

So sick of people dying. My first "boyfriend" died last year by accidental overdose. I'm even weening myself off of prescribed Xanax.. I'd rather be stressed than die. We still don't know what "exactly" killed him.. so I don't want to jump to conclusions. Sad situation.. RIP Corey. Thanks for the memories!

Lance Boyle

Dammit, Corey.....

RIP

michelle

I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. What a shame, I feel for his family.

Robyn

Him being molested really did a number on him. I wish Dr.Drew could have gotten through to him. I also hope it wasn't a drug overdose. It could have been an allergic reaction to whatever he was taking. His mom said he couldn't breathe right last night. This is just so sad. GODSPEED COREY!!!

Nicole

This makes me so mad! He needed help. It was obvious to everyone. Why didn't his family intervene? I swear if that were my daughter, I'd help her get off drugs and make something else of herself besides being an actor and I would never let her go. I'd give her all my attention. That's what Corey needed - people who cared about him. The Oakmont apartments are apartments set up for actors and wannabe actors who come to L.A. from other states to audition. His mom probably wasn't even paying for that apartment. Probably just living off her son. This is so sad.

jean

If one was to look at a SPECT scan of a human brain on drugs as in this case for several years,it would show the damage. It can not heal if the addict does not stop punching holes in it with drugs.
His depression was greater than his will to fix himself. So much brian damage out in the world and it will not go away any time soon.

Andie

What if he had the flu, like Brittany Murphy? TMZ and others are dragging his name through the mud because of RUMORED pill bottles again. Yes, his past would make one think it was a drug overdose, but we don't know that yet and he seemed to be doing well.

And who would want to go on Celeb Rehab to expose their innermost problems except for the fame whores that go on there, for gawd's sake!

Wombat

Wouldn't it be an absolute hoot if they put this on his tombstone:
"I do not need help."

LOL...and yes I loved his acting...especially in Lost Boys...and no, I don't care if another "Oh poor pitiful me" drug addict is roasting like a marshmallow on a stick in hell right now.

Scroomy

#2 I've wondered about Cory apeaking about the "one" also. I know Feldman knows something. Maybe the truth will come out now.
RIP Corey. Fly with the angels

Loca Steph

He should have listened. I watch that show all the time and it's great. Just hope we don't see Tom Seizmore on her next. Denial is always the first excuse for addicts. Wish he would have taken the offer. RIP COREY!!

Easy

Hard to fell sorry for anyone like Haim! He did it to himself and refused to get help! So Long!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments