Corey Haim Approached by 'Celebrity Rehab'

3/10/2010 3:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Corey Haim was approached in the last 10 days by the casting company for "Celebrity Rehab" ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with Dr. Drew's show tell us casting producers called Corey. They say he was "extremely defensive and insulted, saying, 'It's the last show I'd ever do.'"

Our sources say the 3-minute conversation ended with Corey saying, "I do not need help."

We're also told the casting producers spoke with Corey's mom last October at an autograph convention, pitching the show.

RabbleRouser

#37 I think you have some comprehension issues.

This story doesn't claim that Dr. Drew is releasing information that he was trying to get Haim on the show. The story says "sources close to the show" say that casting directors for the show where. Besides- if he wasn't treating Cory, then there is no confidentially agreement that can be broken.

adonna

Guess Corey was wrong.

Bitchen

As sad as this is, he had it coming. If he weren't so self-absorbed and actually admitted he was having more problems, he might not be dead today. (Like him admitting a relapse would be a shock to anyone) People that pass up an open-armed opportunity to get help are ignorant and I just don't get it.

Ruby

Corey Haim's mom is one of celeb history's worst enablers. She babied and coddled him and manipulated him constantly. Just watch interviews in the last 10 years. No matter where he lived, it seems he was always living with her. Listen to her speak. She has about 5 functioning brain cells in her head. The only way for him to truly have gotten the psychological help he needed (which is what he needed more than anything) was to break away from his mom. Which he was never going to do as long as she kept telling him how much she needed him and he needed her.

his life was a lot more tragic than his death. Sorry to say the news doesn't shock me. It's just too bad he didn't have strong ppl around him to show him that Hollywood isn't important, and there are other things out there in life that can bring you happiness.

APRIL

NICOLE HIS MOM HAS CANCER HE WAS TAKING CARE OF HER AND BY ALL ACCOUNTS WAS DOING BETTER HE LOOK GOOD SHE WAS NOT LIVING OFF HER SON IT WAS HER PLACE LIKE I SAID SHE IS SICK WITH CANCER AND NOW HER SUPPORT SYSTEM IS GONE NICE PEOPLE

Dick Face

"Easy come easy go" it always seems that those who simply stubble into Hollywood always stubble out, unlike those who work there asses off most of their lives to get the success they deserve...in any event R.I.P.

Mark

More proof that Dr. Drew preys on the weak, I used to like him but the more and more that comes out about this Svengali, the more I don't like.

Andie

How dare Dr Drew reveal this! What a sleazoid.

Andie

Drew Pinskie is just a fame whore and he is only saying that Corey Haim refused help from him for the media attention. What a pig to publicly say he refused his help... if Corey didn't want the Pasadena doc's help it doesn't mean he wasn't working on himself. Pinskie is not the only doctor who treats addicts and it's totally unprofessional that he is taking advantage of a man's death to get press.

Clare W. Kavin

This is a disease that should be treated by DOCTORS. The constant revolving doors of rehabs allow people to die in between. Medicine has come a long way on helping with chemical dependency specially opiate dependency. Another unecessary death.RIP Corey.
opiates.com

masini

Isnt the right gay for this show. But that is only my opinion. The real thing it is that we can have better man.masini

Brian

Another young loss :( I am sure we will hear about this for atleast a month too. Pray for his family.

Brian @ www.thecelebritycafe.com

Dr Benway

Best article I have read on the whole Corey Haim / Dr Drew thing

Twilightluvinmom

Test

Twilightluvinmom

Since TMZ deleted my post from this am (hmm...not PRO Dr. Drew are we?) I guess I'll try again.
Part 1-
1) "Dr" Benway (rriiiiight!?) - no Dr. I know would agree with that article you linked. Written by a "recovering" (?) Meth/heroin/basically everything addict (he never says he's still clean and sober does he?) who's dissin' Dr. Drew? Uhhh huh. :/
Dr. Drew Pinsky is a REAL doctor who is an Addiction Treatment Specialist. He is a highly reputable physician who is dead on with what he says.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments