Corey Haim Found Dead

3/10/2010 10:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Corey HaimActor Corey Haim died this morning of an apparent overdose -- possibly accidental -- according to LAPD. He was 38.

Police tell us they were called to St. Joseph's hospital in Burbank, CA shortly before 4 AM PT to investigate.

Haim shot to fame in the 80s -- when he co-starred in a number of films, including "The Lost Boys" with Corey Feldman.

Haim reportedly suffered a drug-induced stroke in 2001 and was rushed to UCLA Medical Center.

Haim also reportedly was in and out of rehab 15 times, but cleaned up in 2004 after moving to Toronto.

justrandy

Everybody has someone else to blame except for the only person in control of his own destiny,Corey Haim.
I think that his career was over lonf before he left his teens, which is the same for most ungrounded child actors like both of the Corey's.
I suppose that Corey Feldmen will be doing the talk show trip not to get his share of another 15 minutes about how great Haim was doing!!Former child actors look for any oppertunity to get back into the spotlight right?
I have no pity for anyone who dies from abuse or later causes of abuse. I save my support and sympathy for the ones that work to survive not the ones that look for excuses in causing their own deaths.

justrandy

Another hollywood tragedy someone said ???? A dead drug abuser you should have added!!!! I would like to know where he was getting all his drug money from!! It sure wasn't from blockbuster movies he made in the last 25 years!!LOL
I am also tired of hearing that no ilegal drugs were found at the scene..WELL DAHHHHHHHHHHHH !! you think a drug addict would leave anything left if he is on a binge?
Like I said before, I have no pity for death like this since there is always help and many have battled and won far worse battles than this 40 year old "teenager" didn't have the stomach to face.

lisa

GOODNESS, I CANT BELIEVE SOME OF THE COMMENTS, IT MUST BE COMING FROM A YOUNGER AGE GROUP, IF YOU DIDNT GROW UP IN THE 80s. YOU CANT UNDERSTAND WHAT A GREAT LOSS THIS IS, PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF THE DEAD, AS YOU WOULD WANT PEOPLE TO RESPECT YOUR DEATH. AT THE VERY LEAST THINK OF WHAT KIND OF LEGACY YOU WILL LEAVE, DRUGS CAN RULE YOUR LIFE, AND TAKE AWAY YOUR WORLD,BUT THATS WHAT KIND DEAL YOU MAKE WITH THE DEVIL, I LOVED COREY HAIM, AND I WILL TRULY MISS HIM, I BELIEVE THAT IF IT COMES OUT THAT DRUGS TOOK HIS LIFE , THAT IT WASNT INTENTIONALLY, HE WANTED TO LIVE, BUT GOD TOOK HIM HOME, YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOUR TIME IS UP, BUT DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT YOUVE DONE ENOUGH TO HAVE COMPLETE STRANGERS MAKE COMMENTS ON THE COMPUTER ABOUT YOUR LIFE. WHAT HAVE YOU CONTRIBUTED TO THE WORLD TO BE REMEMBERD SO DEARLY, JUST SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT,,,COREY REST IN PEACE AND EVEN THOUGH YOU DIDNT KNOW HOW MUCH YOU WERE LOVED,,,YOU WERE! I LOVE YOU COREY AND WILL MISS YOU DEARLY......LISA

Amy

When is anyone going to do something about doctors giving SO MANY percriptions!!!!

Eddie Buenrostro

first of all may god rest your soul cory. to all who shame his name by calling him whatever you can think of just remember if you grew up in the 80's or if you where a kid in the 80's he was the kid every kid wanted to be. so let just remember him for the good times and awesome movies he made. corey haim will be remember as the best kid actor ever like cory filedman. .r.i.p.

Feldmen...... The real Corey

I'm glad this doucher is dead. How can anybody say he had talent, unless he was playing the part of a drug invested washed up 80's child star, he couldn't act his way out of a paper bag.......unless the bag itself was full of Percoset. This Douche Bag takes out an add in the paper to tell everyone he is "ready to work" and now he dies of an overdoes...........Yeah, you were ready to work........what a loser. At least we still have the America Corey!

Eddie Buenrostro

ALL OF YOU THAT ARE TALKING CRAP ABOUT SOMEONES DEATH AND LAUGHING ABOUT COREY HAIM IS IT A JOKE. WELL WHEN ONE OF YOUR FRIENDS OR RELITIVES DIE REMEMBER TO TAKE IT LIKE A JOKE. HE NEEDED HELP PEOPLE DRUGS MAN DRUGS CHANGE YOU. IF YOU DONT KNOW YOU SHOULD ASK INSTEAD OF MAKING JOKES. GROW UP STOP. AND STOP LOOKING AT LIFE LIKE A KID. EVEN A KID KNOW WHEN TO GROW UP. GOD WILL JUDGE US ALL. AND FOR THE ONES WHO SAY WHAT EVER. YOU WILL FIND OUT THE HARD WAY MAYBE YOU WILL FALL INTO DRUGS AND WALK IN COREYS SHOES AND THEN WE CAN JOKE ABOUT YOU AFTER ALL THATS HOW IT STARTS!!!!!!!

Rhonda Dailey

tears fall harts brake love lost, he was something wounderful and know one but his fans know it. rip love you corey.

Rebecca

This makes me so MAD! When will they ever learn?

ILoveCoreyHaim!

I loved him i always thought he was sooo cute in "The Lost Boys" ~sighs~ he will always be in my heart! When I heard the news...I of course cried. He was my heart and true love...everytine I think of him i well cry he WILL always lie in my heart....FOREVER. Just like Michael Jackson DID. Another one of my loved ones...gone...forver. RIP I LOVE COREY HAIM

Joanne

So sad these celebrity deaths in 2010.

lisa

THIS IS A RESPONSE TO 285 RM, YOU SOUND LIKE A COMPLETE IDIOT, ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU IN SOCIETY THAT WE ALL HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT, NO HEART NO SOUL, AND DEFINETLY NO CONCSIENCE,... PYSHCO.... I THINK YOU SHOULD SEE A THERAPIST YOURSELF, AND GET ON SOME KIND OF MEDICATION BEFORE WE READ ABOUT YOU KILLING SOMEONE IN THE NEWS, ANYONE WHO WISHES DEATH UPON COMPLETE STANGERS, DEFINITELY HAS A MENTAL PROBLEM, BEFORE YOU RESPOND TO THIS, TAKE A GOOD LONG LOOK AT YOURSELF, WHAT HAVE YOU CONTRIBUTED TO THE WORLD, WHAT WILL PEOPLE SAY ABOUT YOUR DEATH????, I CAN ONLY IMAGINE... JUST TRY TO HAVE RESPECT FOR THE ONES WHO LOVED COREY HAIM, IF YOU DIDNT GROW UP AS A TEENAGER ..YOU CANT UNDERSTAND WHAT A GREAT LOSS THIS IS, COREY YOU WILL ALWAYS BE APART OF MY MEMORIES IN THE 80s NO MATTER WHAT YOUR PROBLEMS WERE, YOU WERE LOVED BY MANY, AND WE WERE ALL EXCITED TO SEE WHAT YOU WOULD DO NEXT,YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN BY THE ONES WHO OVERLOOKED THE B#@LL$H&T, BUT NOW YOU ARE FINALLY AT PEACE LOVE YOU FOREVER....LISA

Michael

Death by stereo...

hollywood mike

i wasnt shocked at all, this is very sad though. and yes, this kind of thing seems to be the norm for hollywood these days. im say lady gaga goes next....