Corey Haim -- Vicodin, Valium, Soma Found

3/11/2010 3:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Corey HaimTMZ has learned the four pill bottles found in the apartment where Corey Haim collapsed yesterday included the generic versions of Vicodin and Valium ... and the same doctor prescribed all 4 powerful meds just days before Haim died.

Law enforcement sources tell us the pill bottles retrieved in the apartment of Haim's mother are hydrocodone (Vicodin), diazepam (Valium), haloperidol (an antipsychotic med) and Soma (a muscle relaxer).

We're told all four meds were prescribed by a prominent Los Angeles psychiatrist. Sources say all four meds were prescribed the same day -- several days before Haim died.

The L.A. County Coroner's Office would not comment on the specific meds found, nor would officials say how many pills -- if any -- were missing from the bottles.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ they believe Haim died from an accidental overdose of meds, though nothing is final until the Coroner's toxicology reports are in.

There have been reports Haim admitted in the past to taking as many as 85 Valium pills a day.

Haim collapsed in his mother's apartment early yesterday and was pronounced dead 2 1/2 hours later.

Remembering Corey Haim

h20

Christ! I'm surprised the guy could even swallow any more pills with all that shiz. I don't think any 1 or 2 drugs was that powerful alone, but if you combine the 4 that's pretty dangerous. I wonder if his intent wasn't to commit suicide or kind of a lazy attitude i. e. "I'm going to take pills to feel better, and I don't care if I die".

King

Hey, some reader posted much of the info in this story last night in one of the Larry King story comments—o yeah, it was me! (Way to keep up, TMZ.)

Kelli

#14....I am wondering the same question.

Ame

Vicodin and Valium ...are ending the american People, just a tought
Vicodin and Valium ...are ending the american People, just a toughtVicodin and Valium ...are ending the american People, just a toughtVicodin and Valium ...are ending the american People, just a toughtVicodin and Valium ...are ending the american People, just a tought

Ame

Vicodin and Valium ...are ending the american People, just a tought

VICODIN AND VALUM ARE ENDING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!!!

The Jackson twenty five

Watch out doc... they're coming to get you!

WillOTheWisp

Poor thing!
I can see how someone could die from that crap. The other day, after doing some heavy lifting in my back yard, my back was killing me, so I soaked in a hot bath for about an hour. My back was still hurting, so my sister-in-law had stopped by and gave me one hydrocodone (Vicodin) tablet (she had just picked up her prescription for her Carpal tunnel syndrome) . Within 15 minutes of taking that tablet I broke out into a cold sweat, felt like vomiting, heart rate went crazy and was dizzy as hell! I went to bed and prayed. The next day I called my sister-in-law and warned her, she said she hadn’t taken any because she wanted to make sure she could get up and go to work.
So if Corey Haim took that crap along with some other crap….well yeah…..I’d be dead too! Poor fellow!
They ought to bust that stupid doctor big time!!!

Colette

Doctors in Los Angeles should be shot in cold blood. I really hope that whole state goes under water like they say it will.

Blkshepherd

He was my favorite teen male actor of the 80s. Loved him in Lost Boys and Silver Bullet. very handsome young man. dont know what happened later I guess I expected him to stay Young like in Lost Boys..Excellent actor. gone too soon. DAMN THESE QUACKS we call Doctors! My own doctor tried to put me on pills when I lost my moms two yrs ago. I took them home alright. and threw them in the damn trash. I figger If I am gonna get over the death of my moms. No damn Pill is gonna make me feel better or bring her back to life so whats the point in taking a pills? They only Put in your mind that your doing better when your actually not and the next damn thing you know your hooked on them and cant function unless you pop one! I only take aint into taking pills of any sort. Especially for Emotional issues.

London not England

Wait ya'll!!~!

Don't ya'll feel sorry for dat boy...
He was a Man, an he made a lot of money...and dat Docta Murray had somethin ta do wit it too!
Ya'll watch an ya gone see...da truth gone come out!

In OUR BOOK...

We luvs all ya'll dat supported us!

L&L

chromeheartsgirl

ONCE A DRUG ADDICT, ALWAYS A DRUG ADDICT!!!

normal people don't keep Vicodin, Soma, and Valium on their nightstands.

Sounds like he was abusing his mother's cancer medication (DUH)

When are people going to wake up and realize that mixing prescription medications like that will kill you.

More people are addicted (and died) from RX abuse than illegal drugs.

WAKE UP!

cjs

What MORON gives an addict those meds? Not only those meds but those meds TOGETHER ?? Pull the license to practice.

Kanadka

Like most of the people on here, I did not know Corey, but from watching him on TV, whether it was in The Two Coreys, an interview, or just some random video on TMZ, he seemed like a decent guy. I never got the feeling that he was a prick or didn't care about his family, friends or his fans. He was always happy to talk to people or give autographs and I wasn't surprised to learn that he was living with his mother and helping her while she battled cancer. That just seemed to be the type of guy he was.

I can't imagine what it would be like to spend 20 years of your life fighting an addiction. I was always pulling for him and hoping that he would win that fight. I was happy when he got back into the business and was hoping he could stage a comeback. Especially knowing how much he loved acting. But it was clear he was still struggling.

My heart goes out to his family, especially his mother Judy, and I only hope that if, for some reason, they do log onto TMZ or CNN and read some of the cruel comments people have posted about him, that they know, for the most part, Corey had lots of fans and lots of people who cared about him. He wasn't a bad kid, he wasn't a bad actor, he wasn't a joke. He was a friend, a son, and a brother.

WillOTheWisp

55. Wait ya'll!!~!

Don't ya'll feel sorry for dat boy...
Ya'll watch an ya gone see...da truth gone come out!

In OUR BOOK...

We luvs all ya'll dat supported us!

L&L

Posted at 3:37PM on Mar 11th 2010 by LaQuisha & LaQuanda

get the hell outta here you stinking troll! you're not even funny you annoying bastard!

Forgetaboutit

Another MD license to be investigated.....Vicodin, Soma, Valium, all ordered at the same time? To a person with known addiction issues?? What the heck is a Psychiatrist ordering Vicodin and Soma, anyway??? That was an accident waiting to happen....AND IT DID!