Corey Haim Death Certificate

3/15/2010 12:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Corey HaimCorey Haim's death certificate is coming out ... and we've learned the cause of death is listed as "Deferred."

Sources tell us the L.A. County Coroner's Office is waiting for toxicology results, and they could prove revealing on two counts. First, they want to see if Corey had fatal levels of drugs in his system.

But, we're told, even if there are no fatal drug levels, certain drugs could have stopped Corey's heart. The Coroner's Office says Corey had pneumonia. As we first reported, 4 drugs were found in the apartment where Corey died -- Valium, Vicodin, Soma and haloperidol, an antipsychotic drug.

Valium, Vicodin and Soma all slow respiratory rate and could stop a person's breathing when taken while pneumonia is present.

We do not know if Corey took the prescription drugs.

It's interesting that Brittany Murphy's cause of death was a combination of pneumonia and prescription meds.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

mirandacnc

TMZ YOUR PICS ALWAYS SUCK!!

MIRANDA

warner

im home with god,
while you're still here...
Know that I live on in gods house,
vibrating to a different measure
--behind a thin veil you cannot see through.
You will not see me,
so you must have faith.
I wait for the time when we can soar together again,
--both aware of each other.
Until then, live your life to its fullest.
And when you need me,
Just whisper my name in your heart,
...I will be there.

warner

im a star once more Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.

CuriousGeorge

Hey, Blair? Take it to Find A Grave.

There's been a pneumonia vaccine available for decades so I don't understand how all these celebs are getting sick. They're so young it probably never occurs to them or they're so effed up they don't want to see an actual doctor for regular check-ups.

RIPSweetAngel

I'm so sad about Corey's passing. I'm ashamed to say I listened to the 911 call and it brought tears to my eyes.

As far as the prevalence of pneumonia as a factor in several recent celebrity deaths, please keep in mind that privacy laws now prevent the public "outing" of persons living with, or dying of HIV/AIDS complications.

Maybe some of you are too young to remember early AIDS hysteria, when celebrities' statuses were regularly rumored and confirmed in gossip rags.

The current practice is to list the acute infection from which the patient dies, rather than listing a blanket "human immunodefiency virus" cause. Therefore, the death certificate would only provide "cancer" or "pneumonia" as the official cause of death, even if such diseases were due to weakened immune-system function due to AIDS.

I distinctly remember the early AIDS hysteria. Do you really think HIV and AIDS are no longer affecting celebrities? It seemed every week, we read about a new HIV/AIDS case involving a designer, artist, actor, singer, dancer or athletes. The only difference now, aside from the privacy laws, is that AIDS patients are living much longer since the advent of the new classes of antiretrovirals.

America, please wake up! Anna Nicole Smith, Heath Ledger, Corey Haim and Brittany Murphy all died young while battling addictions. But they also died while suffering from pneumonia.

It's highly improbable the living in the Greater L.A. area leads to increased incidence of pneumonia; it is all about lifestyle!

Please get tested! That is all. RIP Corey.

warner

Today the world lays you to rest,
And our hearts are being put to the test.
We have loved you for many, many years.
And have shed over a million tears.
my friend corey you dont have to struggle any more,
Lay it all down and close the door.
Your memory will never die,
Now your as free as an eagle, to soar and fly.
=corey feledman thank you for being corey haims friend=I just first off would like to say, that I was quite surprised at the comments that came from celebrities , like melissa gilbert, and others. I'm amazed that they made comments. Where were they when cory was in trouble and not successful and lost all his money. I didn't see one of them helping him or even being his friend. you all stepped away from him when he was really bad and needed a friend and not one of you reached out to him, except for corey feldman who was his true friend. I just want you all to know that you celebrities think you have it made with making money and your movies and you think you're better than everyone. but you're not in God's eyes and one day you will have to face Him alone, and you won't be able to take your money and your fancy cars with you. Hollywood celebrities you ought to be ashamed of yourselves for not being there for one of your fellow actors.

InSeansDefense

Also don't forget Anna Nicole Smith also have pneumonia . Seems the body when the immune system is weakened, they get pneumonia.It's usually right before old folks die as well. It's a sign you're body is basically dying, sad to say.
All those drugs combined essentially made it like Corey smothered to death from inability to breath deeply.
I have had pneumonia and it is some scary S%^#!
Rest in Peace Corey. I hope you are free now!

Tim, the White Leader (ROFLMAO!)

Comment # 14 - By 'nicole',
Spot on Nicole! Very good! Haloperidol went the way of the wind by and large for sure, just like after 5 gazillion years of doctors using Demerol in hospitals and it lowering the patient's threshold for seizures. Demerol is falling out of fashion too, and rightfully so.

Tim, the White Leader (ROFLMAO!)

Comment # 65 by 'SJR' -

That's a good observation. I've been a healthcare provider since 1990 and everything you say re: the advent of better drugs, how HIPPA has changed EVERYTHING in healthcare and a reasonable, although not proven theory linking all those celeb deaths you mentioned, is correct. There is nothing environmentally in L.A. that account for an increased number of those stricken with pneumonias. If it were we would see a BIG increase that was impossible to not notice, like how Arizona has such a dry ckimate and is better for thoser with respiratory disorders thn most other locales and Kentucky, with nearly 60 + % of that state's inhabitants demonstrating histoplasmosis nodules on chest x-rays because of the avian population and the moisture from the Ohio River Valley. You might be onto something with that pneumonia theory of yours.

cece

drugs will do that to the heart

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5