« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods Will Play the Masters

3/16/2010 12:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tiger WoodsWe knew it. We've been saying it for months ... Tiger Woods just announced he will play at the Masters next month.

Woods released a statement that said: "The Masters is where I won my first major and I view this tournament with great respect. After a long and necessary time away from the game, I feel like I'm ready to start my season at Augusta.

"The major championships have always been a special focus in my career and, as a professional, I think Augusta is where I need to be, even though it's been a while since I last played.

"I have undergone almost two months of inpatient therapy and I am continuing my treatment. Although I'm returning to competition, I still have a lot of work to do in my personal life.

"When I finally got into a position to think about competitive golf again, it became apparent to me that the Masters would be the earliest I could play."

UPDATE: Billy Payne, Chairman of Augusta National Golf Club and the Masters Tournament, tells TMZ, "We support Tiger's decision to return to competitive golf beginning at this year's Masters Tournament. Additionally, we support and encourage his stated commitment to continue the significant work required to rebuild his personal and professional life."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

jk

tiger = more fake news Gay Gay gay! ie kobe as well C.sheen & so on GAY nfabrication of this is sickening

King of TMZ

Michael Jackson is better than Tiger. but kudos It's a Michael Tiger day at TMZ.

David Boothby

Hey TMZ, remember when the original leaked statement came out just before Tiger's statement, remember how TMZ and Tiger's Folks and the Master folks said that it was a fraud---well it turned out to be true, they have welcomed back with open arms.

judy

BFD

freedomisnotfree

let the circus begin

MJFAN212

TIGER IS BACK M.J BREAKING RECORDS GOOD WEEK HE HE HEEEE
R.I.P MICHAEL JACKSON

RonBurgundy

Now all you that have no self esteem can once again be thrilled by his awesome golfing abilities.

I know how much you all adore and worship this piece of trash, but it just speaks volumes of your own inept character.

I hope he blows his other knee out...

What a circus the Masters will be, what a distraction to all the other golfers who haven't been unfaithful to their wives.

You support Tiger and you support what is wrong with our society.

Elin is a dumb, talentless, mother of a black man...Of course she's staying with him, how else would she eat?

Stupididy at its best

You are a bunch of liars because you said he'll play the Tavistock Cup. Well in his statement he says he WILL NOT PLAY the Tavistock Cup.
So many of your stories are completely false. Check twice your sources before printing absurdities.
By the way I am so glad he's back. He's the GREATEST GOLFER OF ALL TIMES and nothing will change that.

Carl

Don't brag TMZ, you really claimed he would come back at a tournament before the Masters, and that the Masters would be his second tournament. You were wrong.

RonBurgundy

Too bad Cory Haim wasn't sharing his Vicodan with Tiger, it could have been a true daily double.

Laurie

America in a nutshell: the land of "therapy for fake "diseases."

freedomisnotfree

i bet Elin is getting paid well for the fake image building marriage she is suppose to be in. must be mucho $$$$$$$$$$$$

WillOTheWisp

Of course he will play the Masters!! Did you think he wouldn't??

What do you think all that cleaning up his image was for?? Certainly not for Elin and his kids!!

Other than those skanks, Tiger eats, sleeps and breathes for golf!

steeler fan

I hope they boo his ass off the course! I love golf, but have never been a fan of that holier than thou, arrogant SOB!

RobN

So he's going to turn the most important tournament of the year into his own personal circus. Stay classy, Tiger.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments