« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Authorities Go After Big Ben's Other Accuser

3/17/2010 1:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ben RoethlisbergerTMZ has learned Georgia law enforcement officers have contacted the lawyer for a woman who made a sexual assault claim last year against Ben Roethlisberger.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation -- which is currently investigating Ben for an alleged sexual assault earlier this month -- contacted Cal Dunlap, the attorney for Andrea McNulty, requesting a sit down with her.

McNulty sued Ben last year, claiming Ben sexually assaulted her in a Lake Tahoe hotel room in 2008. Ben denies the claim.

Dunlap flatly rejected GBI's overture, telling TMZ, "We believe the facts alleged by our client are already in public documents. A case in Georgia ought to be brought or not brought on its own merits."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Chel

I agree with McNulty's attorney. The GA charges should be brought on there own merits. It sounds like the police are grasping for straws. I would think that if they had enough evidence to charge him, they would have done it by now.

Jack

Going after the accuser in a separate civil lawsuit. Didn't "My Cousin Vinny" teach everyone not to get in trouble in the south?

MaryMac

Cheryl-your link goes to an update on American Idol. What are you talking about?

michaelacarterallen

AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE THAT BELIEVES THE POLICE ARE TRYING TO SEE IF HE HAS INDEED BEEN A SERIAL ATTACKER BY LOOKING AT THE DETAILS IN BOTH RAPES?! DAMN-IF THIS DUDE WAS YOUR MAILMAN...YALL WOULD BE ALL OVER HIS ASS!!!!!

Carrie

Lying ho(s) after money will be exposed for the predators they are.

raider

I think this will be like tiger he assulted 12 or 13 women

Carrie

#3 comment link to am idol, but I enjoyed reading about it.

JLS

Who cares? I don't see this man as a celeb. This story belongs on ESPN.

k.

I am really tired of seeing this guys face on TMZ- what is the big news- guys like this have done those kind of things to women forever- it's awful- but please move on to other news- there is much going on in the world-

Stacy

BenRapesABurger

Michael E.

I don't know whether he did it or not, but he (Ben R.) seems to be getting the benefit of the doubt unlike Tiger who has been villified without there even being a rape allegation! Why is that America?

trish

God who the hell cares...If he did it he did it face you consiquenses loser..People again with money can get away with anything no matter what...I don't care who he bangs why do we need to keep hearing of it.. I banged my husband on the roof of my house in the warm sun...is that gonna get reported too??!!! At the peak.. a peak for a good long hot peak !!! report that TMZ !!!!

Jennifer

He looks like a fat adolescent barbarian blowing bubble gum. Is that war paint on his face? Obviously I'm not a football fan and don't keep up with the significance of why they mark their faces with black paint. It's amazing that people in the U.S. hold people up to be sports "heroes" including other celebrities and worship them and pay them over-inflated salaries by going to see them in action. Football and golf are boring games.

Darlene