Brittany Murphy -- Hundreds of Pills a Month

3/20/2010 5:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Brittany Murphy received no fewer than 200 pills every month from January 2008 through August 2009 ... and sometimes as many as 400.

As we first reported, Murphy used an alias -- Lola Manilow Murphy -- at Eddie's Pharmacy in Los Angeles for nearly two years before the pharmacy finally cut her off 4 months before her death.

Pharmacy records show Murphy was getting regular scrips for hydrocodone (Vicodin), clonazepam and Klonopin (anti-anxiety), and Vicoprofen (a Vicodin/ibuprofen combo) -- doubling up on some prescriptions on certain months.

For example, one month Murphy was prescribed 200 hydrocodone and 100 clonazepam; another month it was 300 Vicoprofen and 100 Klonopin.

All the prescriptions were prescribed by Dr. Richard Kroop. We're told investigators paid a visit to Kroop on Friday afternoon.

As we first reported, the owner of Eddie's Pharmacy told TMZ he cut Brittany and her family off 4 months before her death because, "We thought there was going to be an accident there."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

and you know this

Funny too, considering they all insisted she just got these pills for menstral discomfort. That's some serious cramps!

Prince Von A-Hole

I used to take by doctors orders 2 Pain Pills 4 times a day. Thats 240 pills a month right there.

King

That ibuprofen is tough on the kidneys. I hope she drank a lot of water with those!

James

I think it's time for stricter laws for the medical industry in regards to prescription drugs. Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, Anna Nicole Smith, Heath Ledger, Brittany Murphy, and Corey Haim have all died from prescription drug abuse. And many more people will die in the future. Something needs to be done now.

PolarBear

A pill for anxiety? Geezuz H McFlimFlam! Haven't they heard of yoga, getting some sleep? Relaxing music? Not having a fat stupid bastard as a hubby? Eating healthy fresh food and not an acidic diet or using diuretics that ruin your metabolism, tissues and mental balance? No, it's Hollywood, land of the Daffy Ducks. So be it, but was Brittany allowed to direct her own health?

King

Yeah, eat a cheeseburger! Run around the block, dude!

Jerry Martin

I hope they bust everybody who was helping her. This is insane. People predicted this would happen after wacko bit the big one.

registerednuisance

KLONOPIN and CLONAZEPAM are the same drug. You cannot blame her for taking x#klonopin in january and x#clonazepam another month. Klonopin is the brand name, cloz is the generic.

Sad sad

I guarantee ol hubby was popping them too.

Makenna

3. So what!! I have 11 prescriptions Blood pressure, irregular heart beat, Arthritis, diabetes and cholesterol. 9 different pills 7 of them 2 times a day. Plus I do 2 injections a day- 3 every other Sunday.

Posted at 3:28AM on Mar 20th 2010 by Prince Von A-Hole

-----------------

Loose some weight fatty and you wouldn't need more then half of those pills.

chicken head

i love this!!
but really we need more doctors like him around

just follow the directions-
thats all-
and MJ- you hurt kids- little boys- thats a fact-
and you REALLY abused them and your meds- YOU JUNKIE PERV!

jwoolman

It's not at all hard to get up to that many pills in a month if you have multiple problems, as Brittany certainly did. My brother is just an ordinary guy and takes 8 different prescription pills a day for different problems. Then add in the effect when more than one dose is required per prescription - the number sounds horrible in a headline, but not if you do the math.

Me, myself and I

I'm in my very early Sixties. I may take aspirin twice a year. Do I live in the same World as the rest of you Peoples?

Chico

300 Vicodin/30 days in a month = 10 per day

200 Codeine/30 days in a month = Approx 6.5 per day

No way this girl needed nor took this amount of medication every day. Looks like Brittany and Simon, along with mom Sharon (possibly) were addicted to prescription drugs. How very sad. I really liked Brittany Murphy, and admired her work. I hope they take the doctors who prescribed these meds to court and throw the book at them. Howard Stern is going on trial, and Simon Monjack should get the same treatment. Maybe Stern and Monjack could share a cell.

Jake

@DIANE T

Unfortunately it looks like our new generation of teens/young adults are abusing scripts more often then before to cope.

A lot of factors contribute to it. We're brainwashed to believe pharmaceuticals are "good" for us. Also, if it's a legal script it's harder to be caught and be put in prison vs. someone who abuses street drugs..

Also, it's a more impersonal society (for Americans at least), and as social beings, that takes a toll on us. :)

I'm sure there is more to all of this, but this is just TMZ after all. I'm not gonna write a book report here.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments