Brittany Murphy -- Hundreds of Pills a Month

3/20/2010 5:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Brittany Murphy received no fewer than 200 pills every month from January 2008 through August 2009 ... and sometimes as many as 400.

As we first reported, Murphy used an alias -- Lola Manilow Murphy -- at Eddie's Pharmacy in Los Angeles for nearly two years before the pharmacy finally cut her off 4 months before her death.

Pharmacy records show Murphy was getting regular scrips for hydrocodone (Vicodin), clonazepam and Klonopin (anti-anxiety), and Vicoprofen (a Vicodin/ibuprofen combo) -- doubling up on some prescriptions on certain months.

For example, one month Murphy was prescribed 200 hydrocodone and 100 clonazepam; another month it was 300 Vicoprofen and 100 Klonopin.

All the prescriptions were prescribed by Dr. Richard Kroop. We're told investigators paid a visit to Kroop on Friday afternoon.

As we first reported, the owner of Eddie's Pharmacy told TMZ he cut Brittany and her family off 4 months before her death because, "We thought there was going to be an accident there."

worshipper

Clonazepam and Klonopin are the same drug. Dangerous Sh*t whatever it's called.

valeskas

My prescriptions I have to take, every day are 31 pills x 30 are over 900 a month. I asked my doctor, please lets reduce the meds,I feel better, but she told me I feel better because I take all these meds. But I think I feel better, because I retired, but she will not listen. Went to Germany to see a doctor, he told me at least 1/3 of the meds need to go, same in a german pharmacy, they said to much meds, are bad for kidneys and liver. What can I do ? Thats why I do not understand these young people destroying themselves.

LadyG

If celebrities want to kill themselves that's fine with me. Use your connections to od on street drugs and leave the legal drugs for the people that actually need them. It's because of losers like her, Corey, MJ and the rest of those self entitled spoiled freaks that there is such a problem with prescription drugs.

funnyfarker

Back in 2006, I finally got a job that came with really good insurance. So I decided to go see a shrink. Ya know, to talk out my problems.

Within the first 10 minutes of our conversation, he told me I had major depression and ADHD and he was going to write me prescriptions for both.

So he, and I'm not making this up, takes a pen with Celexa written all over it out of his Celexa coffee mug and writes me a prescription for Celexa. I then leave to pay and see Celexa products everywhere. What a shock. I never went back.

And this is a very well regarded doctor in my area.

Now, sure, maybe he was technically right to give me those prescriptions because maybe I fit into the acceptable diagnosis. But really, what it comes down to is a money grab.

Too bad most people don't see that.

And to all the people who will say I'm lucky enough to not be sick blah blah blah: I weigh over 300 lbs and have health problems because of it. If I eat wrong, I feel like crap. If I eat right I feel so much better. Maybe pills will help certain problems, but they bring on way too many side effects.

fastdriver

PULL the Dr.'s license AND the pharmacy license! It took Eddie's Pharmacy TWO years to realize that there MIGHT be a problem? I am TOTALLY convinced that everyone in CA is NUTS, MONEY HUNGRY and LACKING CHARACTER!

I also think that Brit's mom and boyfriend were trying to kill her off. WHY would they continue to get her HUNDREDS of pills EVERY month? WHO takes that many pills? HOW does one get a prescription under and ALIAS? What is WRONG with law enforcement in CA. Do you have NO guts or are you all on the take?

Kurt

To the person who wrote comment #29...she was doing Arthur Miller on Broadway at age 13...what were you doing at that age? Look ar all her supporting roles.......... she was gifted

truthteller

This is what is known as a drug addict. Michael Jackson, Corey Haim, Heath Ledger and Brittany Murphy were all junkies !

Hugh M.

I am a patient of Dr. Kroop and he has been treating my intractable pain for 12 plus years through the assistance of a Pain Management Physician at USC. He is very strict with the prescriptions that he writes and would never knowing over-prescribe. I believe that he was duped by multiple patients sent by Ms. Murphy in order to score her fix. He is an EXCELLENT doctor and I trust him with my life and my families. It needs to be clarified about how the prescriptions were obtained before a good doctor's name is slandered.

Laurie

Inept reporting. Klonopin is the brand name for clonazepam .

LadyG

36. Yes she was a child star. Just like MJ, Just like Corey and guess what else they all have in common? They are all dead druggies. Perhaps if parents would stop pushing their kids to be the wage earner in the family there wouldn't be as big a problem.

Ernie

Who gives a s*hit she's dead, dead, dead. Was she buired in a pill bottle?.

angles

THAT IS THE SAME DRUGSTORE MICHAEL JACKSON USED AND HIS PILLS WERE SENT TO HIM IN A PACKAGE ALSO STRANGE ISN'T IT

oprah

11. 3. So what!! I have 11 prescriptions Blood pressure, irregular heart beat, Arthritis, diabetes and cholesterol. 9 different pills 7 of them 2 times a day. Plus I do 2 injections a day- 3 every other Sunday.

I used to take by doctors orders 2 Pain Pills 4 times a day. Thats 240 pills a month right there.

Posted at 3:28AM on Mar 20th 2010 by Prince Von A-Hole

-----------------

Loose some weight fatty and you wouldn't need more then half of those pills.

Posted at 3:57AM on Mar 20th 2010 by Lard

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA GOOD JOB LARD!

Darlene

Terrible!!!! But enough about her already!!!

zeezoo