« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods Interviews to Air Tonight

3/21/2010 5:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

ESPN will air a one-on-one interview with Tiger Woods tonight.

Tiger Woods

The interview will air at 7:30 PM ET.

UPDATE: Looks like there might be TWO Tiger Woods interviews airing tonight at the same time -- one on ESPN and one on The Golf Channel.

UPDATE 2: Both ESPN and The Golf Channel have promoted the interview. ESPN said the interview was conducted this morning and their reporter was allowed to ask whatever questions he wanted. Woods answered some, declined others, but was cordial throughout.

Read some highlights of the interview after the jump ...

On why he got married:

Woods: "Why? 'Cause I loved her. I loved Elin with everything I have. And that's something that makes me feel even worse. That I did this to someone I loved that much."

On the depth of his infidelity:

Woods: "Well, just one is enough. Um, and obviously that wasn't the case, and I've made my mistakes. And as I've said, I've hurt so many people, and so many people I have to make an amends to, and that's living a life of amends."

On all that has happened over the past year:

Woods: "A lot has transpired in my life. A lot of ugly things have happened. Things that have.....I've done some pretty bad things in my life. And uh, all came to a head. But now, after treatment, going for inpatient treatment for 45 days and more outpatient treatment, um, I'm getting back to my old roots."

On what happened the day of the car accident:

Woods: "Well you know it's all in the police report. Beyond that everything's between Elin and myself and that's private."

On why he didn't seek treatment before all the news broke:

Woods: "Well I didn't know I was that bad....stripping away denial, rationalization. You strip that away and you find the truth."

On the low points -- the moments of having to tell his wife and mother:

Woods: "They both have been brutal. They've both been very tough. Because I hurt them the most. Those are the two people in my life who I'm closest to and to say the things that I've done, truthfully to them, is...honestly was...very painful."

On what his measure of success will be at the Masters:

Woods: "Well, playing is one thing. I'm excited to get back and play, I'm excited to get to see the guys again. I really miss a lot of my friends out there. I miss competing. But still, I still have a lot more treatment to do, and just because I'm playing, doesn't mean I'm gonna stop going to treatment."

On the expected/hopeful reception from fans:

Woods: "I don't know. I don't know. I'm a little nervous about that to be honest with you...It would be nice to hear a couple claps here and there...but also hope they clap for birdies too (laughs)." For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Darlene

Actually Tiger is old news, I wont be watching!!!

barb

And only questions submitted by Tiger can be asked.

Myra

Who cares!!!! watching golf is boring, and watching him will be too. Let his wife deal with him.

Q

Will Larry King be the interviewer? Better yet given its ESPN have Erin Andrews or Steve Phillips ask this guy all about abusing women.

Shmuck..unless they're going to read his latest text messages of his abusing women no one cares anymore Tiger...just a lame attempt by Ari Fleischer of George Bush fame, trying to clean up your image.

Public aint buying it...you suck and always will. Give your thanks to nazi boy Jesse james for taking recent heat off you.

MORONS

whoa..talk about sudden turn of events...is he going to talk about golden showers? just morbid curiousity

Pato

DEJEN A ESE HOMBRE EN PAZ!!! TAMPOCO ES TAN GRAVE LO QUE HIZO!!!! PORQUE TIENE QUE SALIR A DARLE EXPLICACIONES A TODO UN PUEBLO???QUE LE IMPORTA A LA GENTE LA VIDA PRIVADA DE CADA UNO??? QUE SE LAS ARREGLE CON SU MUJER SI ES GUAPO!!!!!

MJFAN212

R.I.P MICHAEL JACKSON

oh yeah

tiger, you should have never beenin this situation. u should have paid elin cuople millions to perfrom the things that you wanted. she would have definitely done it for the money. why the hell you think she married you anyways, because you are so damn sexxy.

YOUCH

Yeah, I agree with #6.... I think.

Stupididy at its best

Pato estoy totalmente de accuerdo contigo. El pueblo norteamericano es loco.
Tiger es un golfista no un dios por favor.

Alex

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where is the first picture that shows Tiger & Elin together???
1Week ago TMZ make a big annoucement and promise to show the first picture of Tiger & Elin together on TMZ TV!But i didn´t see a picture!
Can somebody please answer my Question!!!
Alex

jameoshots

Your Mom must be proud...douche! I can't believe anyone would take this "piss pour" of a man back!!

OK

This black is one liar. I don't care what Tiger ever has to say.
People that believe in him, are fools.
This too will be staged like everything else.

OK

Does anyone know if Tiger ever poops/pees and slaps any black women or only whites???

Mellisa

Please for the love of humanity and all that is good in the world; STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS GUY.

NOBODY cares. Its bad enough that ugly chick has posted those text messages for the whole world to see, I mean its not like Elin isnt humiliated enough right?

GO AWAY TIGER WOODS.
forever

PS
To the RIP MJ poster, SHUT UP! Hes dead, dead dead dead dead. And no one but you cares anymore. Not to mention that your honoring someone who doesn't deserve it.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments