« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods Interviews to Air Tonight

3/21/2010 5:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

ESPN will air a one-on-one interview with Tiger Woods tonight.

Tiger Woods

The interview will air at 7:30 PM ET.

UPDATE: Looks like there might be TWO Tiger Woods interviews airing tonight at the same time -- one on ESPN and one on The Golf Channel.

UPDATE 2: Both ESPN and The Golf Channel have promoted the interview. ESPN said the interview was conducted this morning and their reporter was allowed to ask whatever questions he wanted. Woods answered some, declined others, but was cordial throughout.

Read some highlights of the interview after the jump ...

On why he got married:

Woods: "Why? 'Cause I loved her. I loved Elin with everything I have. And that's something that makes me feel even worse. That I did this to someone I loved that much."

On the depth of his infidelity:

Woods: "Well, just one is enough. Um, and obviously that wasn't the case, and I've made my mistakes. And as I've said, I've hurt so many people, and so many people I have to make an amends to, and that's living a life of amends."

On all that has happened over the past year:

Woods: "A lot has transpired in my life. A lot of ugly things have happened. Things that have.....I've done some pretty bad things in my life. And uh, all came to a head. But now, after treatment, going for inpatient treatment for 45 days and more outpatient treatment, um, I'm getting back to my old roots."

On what happened the day of the car accident:

Woods: "Well you know it's all in the police report. Beyond that everything's between Elin and myself and that's private."

On why he didn't seek treatment before all the news broke:

Woods: "Well I didn't know I was that bad....stripping away denial, rationalization. You strip that away and you find the truth."

On the low points -- the moments of having to tell his wife and mother:

Woods: "They both have been brutal. They've both been very tough. Because I hurt them the most. Those are the two people in my life who I'm closest to and to say the things that I've done, truthfully to them, is...honestly was...very painful."

On what his measure of success will be at the Masters:

Woods: "Well, playing is one thing. I'm excited to get back and play, I'm excited to get to see the guys again. I really miss a lot of my friends out there. I miss competing. But still, I still have a lot more treatment to do, and just because I'm playing, doesn't mean I'm gonna stop going to treatment."

On the expected/hopeful reception from fans:

Woods: "I don't know. I don't know. I'm a little nervous about that to be honest with you...It would be nice to hear a couple claps here and there...but also hope they clap for birdies too (laughs)." For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

tiger'smomaphonytoo

Nike you made YOUR BED with Tiger Woods. May you rot in it!

The rest of us want better than Nike, better than Tiger Woods.

Gillette and Gatorade you are back on our consumer spending list.
These companies had the decency to remove Tiger Woods, the Degenerate from representing your products. Our families need sponsors to have the integrity to take a stand in the CORRECT direction.

Tiger Woods will rot from within, as he cannot control the world.
It's just a matter of time.

ltlmstrblmkr

um,if this pic is current.....I'd say it's just a smidge too soon to be sportin such a toothy grin,IMO,of course ;-)

tiger'smomaphonytoo

Drug test Tiger Woods.

Tiger was a zombie during his last "talk". Even his Mother, couldn't look at his degenerate face!

Remove the kids from the TV tonight. Kids don't need to see a Degenerate who still thinks his sh*t don't stink. Guess what, Tiger, you STINK!!!! And that's the BEST I can say about you!

ltlmstrblmkr

yikes! anybody else pick up on his "I loveD Elin".....?

Lilarose

Who cares about this prick? It is too bad he wasn't aborted by his mother.

PolarBear

I have agreement from my family and several other families now that we're not buying any more Nike products until Nike drops all support and association with Tiger Woods. There are plenty of other brands and we're hoping Elin picks up that rumored Puma contract and we'd be first in line for some Puma golf shirts and shoes if that were to happen.

Pat M

Notice there are many negative Tiger comments that made their way up today. I think the PR team has the day off from internet propoganda. Nice to see there are still posts that tell the truth. He's...a world class liar, psycho, and master manipulator. Nike sucks for continuing to back this pig.

tiger'smomaphonytoo

I bought PUMA a few months ago. Our family and extended family will never walk another step in Nike.

Good bye Tiger, you had a run, you milked your false image.

You keep trying to control the media that is disrepectful.

Yeah, we didn't think it could get any lower either, but old Tiger keeps sinking to the gutter.

LD

After reading those text messages,I don't think I want to hear anything this pig has to say or what he thinks about anything. I hope his wife holds on to her self espect and takes off with the kids for good. She deserves waaaay better. He is disgusting. Also,I hope his golf game goes in the sh**ter along with his marriage. No amount of "therapy is going to cure his problems.

Pat M

Demand a DRUG TEST..... maybe he'll look and sound like a captued POW again.

tiger'smomaphonytoo

Tiger Woods has treated the media with NO respect.

In our dreams, the media would turn their backs, literally turn their backs to him when in his "presence". Well, we can DREAM, can't we?

MH

I wonder who will be the first to pay Tigers mistresses to attend his golfing events with a Photog. Now that would be a Circus.

sounder

very compelling interview. Just watched it.

The rubberband effect is about to snap back in the other direction (pro-tiger).

I don't expect to see any ill treatment of him at the golf tournaments he plays in. Fans want to see him, the players want him back, and media wants to maintain access to him.

Once he tees it up, the scandal becames a footnote. He's still by far and away, the greatest entity in sports. This won't change anybody's perception of athletes/entertainers and nor will it curb their notorious night life behavior.

jan

I watched the interview & I have to say Tiger used to be my hero, now I look at him & see a man that is very damaged, almost a pervert in my eyes. I no everyone deserves forgiveness, & he deserves it as well. He needs to make peace with the man upstairs. And hopefully he can become a decent human being for himself, his wife & children. It's not for us to judge him. I think he is truly sorry for what he has done.He will never be looked at the way he used too, but maybe he can find good in his life.

jahnuts

Guess what?we dont givva fu&$kkkk!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments