« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Joey Porter

Arrested for Assaulting Cop

3/27/2010 5:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Arizona Cardinals linebacker Joey Porter was arrested outside a Taco Bell this morning after officials say Porter put his hands on a cop.

According to the California Highway Patrol, Joey was driving in a Taco Bell parking lot in Bakersfield -- his home town -- when a friend of Joey's was stopped by police.

According to officials, Porter pulled up near the action -- too close apparently -- because a CHP officer rolled over to his car, where he detected the smell of alcohol coming from Porter's car.

Cops say the officer asked for Porter's driver's license, but he refused to hand it over. ... instead, officials say, the 33-year-old tried to roll up his window.

Cops say the officer tried to reach in the car to manually unlock the car -- and that's when Porter "slapped" the officer's hand away.

According to the CHP, the officer decided to grab Porter's arm -- and that's when things got crazy. Porter allegedly got out of his car "in a confrontational manner."

The officer claims he drew his pistol and ordered Porter to the ground, but he wouldn't comply -- though he did ultimately agree to place his hands behind his head.

Additional officers were called to the scene to aid in the arrest. Porter was eventually taken into custody and booked at a nearby jail. He was eventually charged with 3 misdemeanors -- DUI, resisting arrest and assault on a peace officer.

Porter recently signed a big fat contract with the Cardinals -- reportedly worth $17.5 million for 3 years.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Maximus

Indrid Cold

F. Lee...clearly you're litigating mind is deteriorating with...uhhh..."age".

Did you even READ the article F.? If so, just re-read it, okay? We're here to help but let's try and not lower the barometer any further than #17 ("D") already has.

Dave Evans

"don't you know who I am?" "I'm a big bad football player." "I don't have any rules."

Indrid Cold

Here's another quote of brilliance from what can ONLY be a fine asset to society and upstanding citizen: "He's lucky the cop didn't claim he 'reached into his waistband' or he'd be dead. Cops are pathological liars. The only good cop is a dead one."

Funny how absolute morons like "Maximum Bob" make statements like this but, in the event gun-wielding robbers broke into his home and he had the opportunity, he'd dial 9-1-1 and beg for help.

Thanks Bob. Thanks for bringing humanity closer to the IQ equivalent of snails. Good job.

Now please, go get a vasectomy. On behalf of the world...please.

D

Dear Indrid (ignorant piece of sh*t),

I'm about as white as they come and make more money then u've seen, I'm just not an ignorant, nascar watching, wal-mart shopping red-neck. The fact that ur a troll on TMZ proves that. (I'm jst a steelers fan who wanted to see if it was porter's fault or the pigs) The ignorance of people like you are what is destroying this country.

There are non-ignorant white people, whether u believe it or not, and since I'm guessing you're white how exactly do u kno how "great" it is to be black, I'm actually glad I'm not black because of the ignorance of ppl like you.

Cops do target black people, it's a fact, racial profiling was legal for a while, and as I'm typing I'm hearing a news story of pigs shooting into a car and hitting a 2 year old, I'm sure that kid is glad he was black.

So keep destroying the country, ur doin a great job!!!!!!!!!!

D

D

I hope your trailer tips over...

shawn

yes another case of the poor black man being sorely misjudged. Cause we all know they do no wrong, and they are always the victim. I mean when was the last time in all the cases of black on white crime have you ever heard of any black person being charged with hate crimes, or being accused of being racist, it is sad that we still abuse the poor black man.

Proud2bBlack

He should have slapped the taste out of that cops mouth! He had no business putting his hand inside his window. Idiot!

ralphie the one-eyed

The pig got dis-respected.
Boo-hoo.

The officer had every right to kick his teeth in.
The officer got his feelings hurt.

Well, at least he diden't grab him in the neck say "now, I don't take that from nobody" like the OK dud did.

Adams

D must be short for Dip Sh*t

D

The funny part is that you ignorant MFers are proving my point... ur right all the extremely racist posts on here prove that there is no racism... I'm moving to canada...

Jim

No. He got in trouble because he felt entitled cuz hes a star athelete. The only racists here are the people posting it is a race issue. Dumb ass!

Indrid Cold

Thanks to "Derrrr"...I mean..."D" for keeping the laughs rollin' in!

Another exact quote: "O, and PLEASE give me one piece of evidence that George Bush cared about black people... back up ur anonymous statements u POS."

TMZ has become a strange addiction for me since I discovered it. Don't know why I continue to visit it. Procrastination is largely to blame; in the same way one who works from home turns to a high school yearbook to "flip through the pages" in a desperate attempt to avoid the task at hand.

Further ironic is "D's" statement: "I'm about as white as they come and make more money then u've seen, I'm just not an ignorant, nascar watching, wal-mart shopping red-neck."

One thing I've learned about people is that those who brag about something (money, strength, looks, etc.), do so in a desperate attempt to cover their insecurity about NOT actually having it.

I could respond to "D" with a photo of what is sitting in my driveway or I could upload a picture of the view from where I am sitting this very second (A lot of Pacific and under a 30% loan-to-value) followed by the fact that my "work uniform" has me in PJs for the better part of the day, but that would be stooping to it's level and considering a snail doesn't have the wisdom to get off the salt, why try and rationalize? I mean, really...

shell

Bottom line, Porter was wrong. He acted badly, thought he was above the law and has found himself in a crappy situation .... all his own doing!

It is not a whitte or black thing. These guys attain status and money yet still act like thugs. When will these spoiled athletes learn?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments