Dr. Murray's Defense - Jackson Killed Himself

4/5/2010 8:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Dr. Conrad Murray's legal defense is that Michael Jackson gave himself the fatal dose of Propofol.

Multiple sources familiar with the strategy tell TMZ the defense argument goes like this:

- At around 10:50 AM, Dr. Murray gave Jackson 25 mg of Propofol from a 20 ml bottle -- that's only about 1/8 of the bottle.

- The dose Dr. Murray administered would keep someone asleep for only 5 to 10 minutes, but the Propofol, along with the Ativan and Versed that was already in MJ's system, had a synergistic effect that put Jackson to sleep for a longer period of time.

- For the next hour, Dr. Murray stayed in the room and was on the phone for much of the time. Dr. Murray didn't leave the room to make the calls because MJ liked activity in the room, regularly sleeping with the lights on and cartoons blaring on the TV.

- At around noon, Dr. Murray left the room for approximately two minutes to go to the bathroom. While he was gone, the defense believes Jackson suddenly awakened and was frustrated he had spent nearly 9 hours trying in vain to sleep. The defense theory -- Jackson took the 20 ml bottle of Propofol and self-injected the remaining contents through the IV, causing a massive overdose that stopped his heart.

- Dr. Murray walked back in the room and saw Jackson with his eyes open and pupils dilated. Dr. Murray dropped the phone (he was speaking with his girlfriend) and began administering CPR.

The defense will argue Michael Jackson was a long-time Propofol addict -- something TMZ first reported shortly after the singer's death. As one source said, Jackson liked the sensation of Propofol being administered by IV, adding, "Michael liked to push it."

L.A. County Coroner's investigators took a picture in the room, showing an empty Propofol bottle on the floor, underneath the nightstand by Jackson's bed. The defense will argue Jackson grabbed the bottle from the nightstand, injected himself and then dropped the bottle.

Remember, law enforcement believes Dr. Murray hid bottles of Propofol before paramedics arrived. The defense will argue ... if Dr. Murray was really hiding Propofol, he would have removed the empty bottle under the nightstand that caused Jackson's death.

Ed Chernoff, Murray's attorney, could not be reached for comment.

Conrad Murray

mjfan

86. @not a bot Like you said to Bopeep.. Are YOU a "medically oriented person? Are YOU a doctor?" I am,and so is most of my family. I also have family in Law enforcement. So I DO know what I am talking about.

Posted at 6:00AM on Apr 4th 2010 by Maelini

And I have family members in medical field.

Lee Lee

WOW. I didn't see this one coming. ( rolls eyes, clenches jaw ).

Conrad Murray is a snake in the grass!! The coroner already ruled out the possibility of Michael doing this to himself.

I don't use the word HATE much, I usually stop at DISLIKE, but I really do HATE Murray. Is this how the defense is going to get there reasonable doubt into the mind of the jurors. Are the Jurors going to be able convict Murray with this doubt???? This is BS!!
God have Mercy. Please, Justice for Michael

cassi

also everyone is saying he wouldnt fake is death, blah,blah,blah, but you believe he would take propofol? no one knows the truth, but i think michael is alive, and faked his death because they were trying to kill him, so dont judge someone for thinking he could be alive, because while you think he wouldnt do this to his fan, i dont think he would take a deadly drug, and leave his babies.

rania

BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS

Maelini

not a bot, I have 5 surgeons in my family.Please don't act like every person is ignorant to facts,Because we're not. How old are you because the way you are treating everyone is very Pre-pubescent.

Kaijin

.....This is really getting ridiculous ¬_¬

JOe

I saw Dr Murrays latest YouTube interview with ZolarVision and based on that I believe Dr. Murray is totally innocent. Let the man go free!

mjfan

2. But how would Michael have been able to know where to inject himself? Did he directly inject himself or inject the propofol into something?? Anyone tell me because I don't have a clue how you administer it?

Posted at 5:48AM on Apr 4th 2010 by Claire

One of the ways is detach the tube from the needle that it's inserted into your vein...add propofol into the IV and re-attach the tube back. It's easier than you think.

Sad

How stupid does the defense think the jury is?

Enough BS and just admit Dr. Murray’s mistakes or intentions. No one will buy the story that MJ killed himself and with kids in the house, NO WAY.

Lee Lee

Just on another note..after watching Janet on Oprah the other day, I realised as a fan myself I have perhaps downplayed Michaels issues with drugs. Even though the Autopsy results didn't seem to show any damage to his organs due to long term drug abuse, clearly, there were problems.

Janet stated that the family had tried interventions Many times, so clearly there were issues. This does not mean however that I think for one minute that Michael self administered Propofol on the day of his death.

jukebox-

oh Michael, you like to push it alright! lol i'll have no doubts things will get more insane than this. looking forward to your plans for april 5th. :) bring it on!

Michael

buhhahaha

Michael injected propofol himself? that makes me laugh :)

Mike come back to us! We're waiting for you!

CommonSense

MJ killed himself. Take away the fame and MJ was just another mentally disturbed drug addict that died from an overdose. Using his drug of choice for an extended period of time leads to higher doses to get the desired effect. Those of you that are defending MJ are in denial, just like the mother of a gang-banger when her offspring is killed. Dr. Murray was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

caserio

Aquí hay mucho gato encerrado. Esto es como lo de los abusos sexuales de Michael Jackson a menores, que a ver si tampoco se sabrá nunca como murió MJ.

wish mj was here

omg see what i mean everyone.the lies continue.all of them have a different story or they cant look at someone when asked a question.example janet on oprah.she should have said right from the beginning my brother is gone .everyone thinks he faked his death its all lies.she didnt say it .come on whats wrong with this picture,love ya mj happy easter angel.love ya more most and mostest sweetheart.