« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Nike Resurrects Tiger's Dad for New Commercial

4/7/2010 7:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tiger Woods is being scolded by his father from beyond the grave -- in a new Nike commercial that can only be described as an artsy PR effort to humanize the golfer.

In the ad, Tiger stands stoically as the voice of his deceased dad, Earl Woods, urges his son to reflect on his life.

As we first reported, Tiger shot the commercial on March 25 on the Isleworth Country Club golf course in his neighborhood in Windermere, Florida.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jennifer

JJ Haha.....good one. I agree.

rose

cheap ploy to use deceased dad to gain sympathy. wow, really low

Pat M

Sounds like a commercial from hell..literally. This, right as it comes out that Tiger screwed his neighbors 21 yr. old daughter. Nike is coming off looking like they are desperate to defend their golfer of choice. Desperate is never a good look for an advertiser.

Bubbles

Spare me. I will never buy Nike again.

Jennifer

Sheesh!! Wasn't his father quite the cheater/adulterer himself who liked prostitutes? Maybe Tiger should go into acting, although I wouldn't pay to see his homely face on the screen.

WillOTheWisp

29. exploiting dead people and extramarital affairs to sell a corporation is not tasteful, shelby.

Posted at 6:45PM on Apr 7th 2010 by eh

Exploiting the DEAD???
You're only truly 'DEAD' when your name is no longer mentioned and you've been long forgotten! Not the case here!!

Exploiting EXTRAMARITAL AFFAIRS???
I think Earl’s questions will cause people to THINK before they go POKING around!!

Most parents NEVER bring these questions to their kids!!! You don’t have to beat the crap out of your kids if you teach them to think before acting!!

cindy

That is Really CREEPY, what is Nike thinking?

Thunder Thighs

34. Spare me. I will never buy Nike again.

Posted at 6:53PM on Apr 7th 2010 by Shelly

I'm sure Nike is not worried about you not buying their products. I was with a large team shopping this weekend at Dick's, and every one of them bought not only Nike shoes, but other items as well!!

Nike's cool with me!

tis_ruthy

I don't know what to think. I havn't kept up with this story, did he have sex with lots of people or something? As for the advert, sincere or bs you ask...well he looks sincere and it's in black and white...ah the good old days, no sex please, were british, remember the war! Maybe Nike didn't tell him they were filming an advert, saying just listen to your dad and try and mend you evil wicked ways son! Then later they saidd surpriseeeeeeeee and gave him a check for 1 million bucks!

I'm just sayin.

Why am I in the Tiger Woods section, omg I'm addicted to TMZ!

R Dinkins

#12, white men and men of other races have cheated on their wives, it should not affect you or anyone else. As stated many times before, that's an issue between a husband and wife. Men that have cheated also abused their wives, girlfriends and lovers to the point of killing them, and did not received the death penalty, in some cases got 2-10 years, instead.

inurtrash

What a croc!

This guy has no shame. To invoke his dead father's voice for a PR commercial in light of his indiscretions is pathetic. TNB.

Dan

Get a life losers... you act like he's hurt you in some way.... why not worry about your own screwed up lives for a change?

WillOTheWisp

38. That is Really CREEPY, what is Nike thinking?

Posted at 7:05PM on Apr 7th 2010 by suny

ONLY THINKING PEOPLE UNDERSTAND NIKE'S APPROACH!
GO NIKE!! GO NIKE!!

Thunder Thighs

1. Never buying Nike again.

2. His father was a cheating scoundrel himself so spare me the morality bit.

3. Such a cheap tactic by Nike. You can't make a COCKtail waitress f*ker look good.

tis_ruthy