Conan's 1st TBS Ad -- The Last Second Scramble

4/13/2010 5:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Conan O'Brien's first commercial for his new TBS talk show was literally thrown together overnight -- just hours before it premiered yesterday, TMZ has learned.

The spot features the infamous "I'm With Coco" artwork proudly adopted by O'Brien fans when he got booted from NBC  -- but according to the artist, Mike Mitchell,  nobody called to ask him for permission to use the image until 9 PM Sunday night.

Mitchell says he was given less than an hour to make up his mind, but he ultimately agreed. No word on how much green he made on the deal.

As for what he thinks of Conan's new gig, Mitchell tells us, “I think it’s great he’s going to be on TV again ... but I don’t have cable.”

MikeP

Vid is no longer there

Ann

Conan is strictly for Apple brand obsessed Twitter whoring hipster losers who have nothing better to do than picket outside NBC in Burbank in the rain. Leno rules, and always will.

Heather

As much money as Mike Mitchell has surely made licensing out his "I'm with CoCo" image, I'm sure he can afford cable.

Klipper

Leno is strictly for senior citizens and mid-western hillbillies that love their talk shows completely unfunny and lacking any talent. It's clear why most of his stand-up comedy peers hate Leno... he's a s***bag. Conan rules, and always will.

maria

I will follow his show! Go team coco!

sarah

Ann,
U go Girrrl!
The World's Most UnFunny comic, and I use that term loosly, on TBS!!
TBS? Wow, that alone should draw a dozen or so viewers....
Add those to his fan base and you have almost 100 people watching every night....nearly the equal of his last show.
TBS, hahahahahah.

Jeff

Report: Citing the Newspaper's High Ethical Standards, the New York Times Vows to Return Two Undeserved Pulitzers (New York) April 13, 2010 -- Saying that his newspaper's 1993 and 1932 Pulitzer Prizes for Journalism were "clearly unmerited," New York Times Editor in Chief Bill Keller

ManiacalZebra

I don't have cable, either. Buh-bye Conan.

furgitaboutit

I hope Mike makes a lot of with his artwork. It's a pretty cool image!

Tom C.

No cable here either, and no plans to ever get it again no matter how much I love Conan. I hope he included a deal to have his show put on Hulu the following day.

moveover

TBS should go ahead and announce what day they'll be cancelling Conan's show, also .... and save themselves some time.

JAY FAN

THIS EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANTED HIM TO DO FOR JAY AND HE REFUSED AND MADE ALL THIS DRAMA COME UP!
LUCKY FOR HIM GEORGE IS NOTHING LIKE HIM OR HE WOULD BE GETTING BASHED LIKE HE DID JAY!

I HATE COCO

o rly

Actually Heather, he's a reddit user, and downloads his TV shows & uses Over-The-Air HD; no need for cable.

Dan

Wonderful news! Now I can enjoy not watching Conan the way I enjoy not watching George Lopez!

Cranky

Lesson get your current and now artwork viral and big bucks come your way.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments