Dr. Murray

Lawyers Up

for Wrongful Death Suit

4/13/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Conrad MurrayDr. Conrad Murray is already planning his legal strategy in a Michael Jackson wrongful death case ... TMZ has learned.

Dr. Murray, we're told, has already hired a civil lawyer, Charles Peckham, who handles medical board cases and wrongful death lawsuits.

We've learned Peckham has already been in touch with Dr. Murray's malpractice insurance carrier, and it turns out to be a tricky situation.

Sources connected with Dr. Murray's defense tell TMZ Dr. Murray had a malpractice policy issued in Texas that covered his medical practices in Texas and Nevada.

Here's the rub.  Dr. Murray did not have a medical practice in California, which is a prerequisite for his malpractice coverage.  So Dr. Murray's position is that he first saw  Michael Jackson as a Nevada patient and what he did for him in L.A. was merely an extension of the Nevada treatment.

We've learned the malpractice policy would only cover civil litigation, not criminal.  In the event the doctor is sued for wrongful death -- and Joe Jackson promises that will happen soon -- Murray expects the policy would cover attorney's fees and any judgment.

One source told TMZ, "We fully expect the insurance company would cover such costs."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Ann

I'd love 30 seconds in a room with this quack, a bottle of propofol and a syringe.

shikloba

You can get full Medical Insurance coverage at the lowest price from http://bit.ly/dqJw9Z

Gina

So what I understand from this is that Murray is covered anyway.

onemorething

Of course it will cover it. This was all very well thought out

kim

This man has to be smart! Hello! So why did he let greed make him so stupid? Just a simple question...This just shows you money is not the "all" in the world!

janalal4

LOL! And WHICH cup is the nut under???? This guy cracks me up!

King of TMZ

TMZ broke the news that MJ was dead.

now TMZ, can you break the news he is alive??? :)

Lee lee

My gosh..everything to do with this case is a circus!! I still want to know who's paying all expenses for his defense etc.

This "nutter" is as sly as they come. He has an answer for absolutely EVERYTHING. The only problem is they are all kinds of wrong. IDIOT

Phantom of the opera

moni

I would love to see the insurance NOT covering the costs. Was Murray actually entitled to practice medicine in California? And I hope at least the criminal law suit will leave him not only sentenced to the max, but completely broken until the end of his days as well.

Andie

Hi Lee lee. What part of Australia are you from?

gimme a break!

Posted at 3:00 AM on Apr 13, 2010 by moni

==================================================
No moni... he's not even certified since December of 2008... i guess that's sth that his lawyers are unaware of.. :P

conrad murray...
"The information posted regarding his credentials are false as found on your site http://www.tmb.state.tx.us/default.php It clearly states there that Dr. Murray is Board Certified in Internal Medicine from the American Board of Internal Medicine. Yet when I researched him with the American Board of Internal Medicine http://www.abim.org/services/physver.aspx it shows that he has not been certified in Internal Medicine since December 31, 2008. The information posted by the Texas Medical Board is therefore incorrect."

as for Joe and his lawsuit... hmmm i'm curious to know whether Brian Oxman will be the one filing it... cuz last time i checked suspended lawyers cant do such things... :P

and moni NO i'm not here to turn anyone into a believer... i'm here to let's say open ur eyes regarding this case... dont jump into conclusions just like that... help us find out what's going on instead of being against us...

Lee lee

Andie....sorry I saw you post the other night...and I forgot to get back you. Brisbane : )

Lee lee

moni.....I hope "broke till the end if his days" is not the only punishment that we are going to see for this quack.!

Lee lee

Can someone explain to me why Oxman is suspended. I don't know much about him,but he just doesn't seem very credible to me.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments