'American Idol' Front-Runner Almost Quit

4/16/2010 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned "American Idol" contestant Crystal Bowersox threw in the towel a little more than two weeks ago and was walking off the show, when Ryan Seacrest did some fast-talking and changed her mind.

cystal bowersox and ryan seacrest
It went down in a parking lot after an "A.I." show.  In front of several people, Crystal told Ryan she couldn't handle the competition.... she said she hated the attention and said to Seacrest, "What's the point?"

Crystal said she was going back to Ohio to be with her family, whom she missed terribly.

Ryan told Crystal that being on "Idol" was like starting a business, and if she won she'd get a recording contract and become a millionaire.

Seacrest sealed the deal by telling her, "The greatest thing I ever did was make enough money so I could buy my mom a house.  You can buy your mom a house."

Seacrest out ... Crystal, not out.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Simone

FIrst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Phreaky

I hope when she becomes famous and becomes a drug addict or crashes and burns ala Fantasia or Rueben, Ryan can handle the guilt.

Dixie

What a douchebag Ryan is. He should have supported her decision to go home instead of talking her into staying for something she is not ready for.

Smooch

What's the point? Are you freaking kidding me? Millions of fans are voting for you, Crystal, and you are saying "what's the point?" If you seriously think that way then you are wasting A LOT of peoples' times.
=======
And if this story can be confirmed to be true, you will waste my time no longer and shall not receive another vote from me for the rest of this season.

Toni

Reactions here are understandable, but I'd be slow to be hard on any contestant in their situations. There have to be moments feeling on edge. Sounds as if he offered up support at the right moment. I think what he said was pretty cool, imho.

who dat

Shows what kind of douche seacrest is. More concerned about his show,than what was in her heart.

Googs

Might as well cancel this season if she quits. Pressure is really getting to all the contestants breakdowns left and right

Dawn

Most people have no idea of how pressurizing it is to be in this type of situation. It must be really overwhelming. It's obvious that Ryan was trying to help her. With so many economic problems right now, people need to grab whatever chances they get in life. I'm convinced that Ryan is actually a nice guy. He always seems to want to make people feel better when they're having a hard time, which is more than I can say for Simon, who uses his honesty as a form of cruelty.

Ad Hustler

Everyone bashes on Seacrest but I kinda like the guy.

Rhonda

Rhonda

I am so glad that Balls and Krazy Kooky Klown have shown up to make their clever comments. Without them, this thread would be nothing. Some people might think that they are pathetic, trying to be TMZ comment stars, but they are the TRUE celebrities on this site. They ae just SO clever.

Just saying

I think Ryan should have told Ms. Smellysox, she also take a shower more than once a week... Just saying.

CriticAl

Seacrest kept her from cracking under the pressure and throwing away a golden opportunity.

She obviously has some drive and desire to be there, or else she wouldn't have reached this far. I think it was cool of him to reach out and save her from herself.

electriczipper

13. I am so glad that Balls and KKK have left their comments on this thread. Without them, TMZ would be nothing. Some people might think that they are just pathetic geeks with no lives, but I know true STARS when I see them.

Posted at 4:16 AM on Apr 16, 2010 by Rhonda

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/15/american-idol-crystal-bowersox-ryan-seacrest-quit/#comments#ixzz0lGKK8LfK
sure doesnt take a whole lot to impress you....

electriczipper

this is soo phoney,so now when she wins it will make it all the more dramtic...sounds like a last gasp from a show on the decline....once whats his name leaves the show is done....

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments