« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Cal Ripken: I'll Never Dance with the Stars!

4/22/2010 4:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Baltimore Orioles legend Cal Ripken Jr. claims he belongs on a ball field -- not in a ballroom.

0421_cal_ripkin_dancing_with_the_stars

In an interview with CYInterview.com, Ripken was asked if he ever had any interest in becoming the first baseball player to appear on "Dancing with the Stars" -- to which he responded, "probably not."

The Orioles legend admits to having "two left feet"...  and although he accomplished almost every imaginable milestone during his 21-year career, he is still "uncomfortable with the attention away from the field."

Sorry, Tom Bergeron.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Karen27

I ( as a native of Baltimore) would love to see Ripkin on DWTS! But I have met him when his kids have played ball and he is so genuinely kind and low key ( even though he will sign anything) that I have a hard time believing he would like the attention that being on the show would bring. I would love for him to do it though!

karen

I am from Baltimore also and have followed Cal Ripken's career from the beginning. I think he would be wonderful on DWTS. Would love to see him there.

Steve-o

Thank you so much TMZ for clearing this up it has been eating at me for years and now i can finally die in peace.Is their any way you can find out if Rollie Fingers has any plans of ever doing DWTS b/c thats really bothering me too.Thanks so much.

BTW How is this clown advertising all this fake knock off crap on your site i thought that was illegal.

Denise

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Cal, do it, I would finally watch it! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!

Steve

Cal Ripken was one of the classiest guys to ever play baseball. He would be a perfect fit for DWTS, but it's obvious he's not into such show business attention.

Elmer Flobbergob

Ripken has class. All those other losers who go on there are just doing it because they need a fast paycheck and some publicity.

goolsbinin

CAL BABY!!! RIPKEN FOREVER!!!

PK

I'm glad to see someone has the guts to stand up and say. "NO"! He is a wise man and knows that some make fools of themselves on that show. He is a great role model for children and that show would put a damper on his image. Way to go, CAL!

Holly

I would love to see this hero on DWTS. It gives me great inspiration to see such talented people struggle and basically conquer difficult tasks. Many of us think that their glory has come to them easily and we are jealous of their successes. This show helps us to see their real personalities and experience just a small bit of the hard work it takes to "be" a personality for the public.