Bret Michaels Suffers Brain Hemorrhage

4/23/2010 5:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bret Michaels was rushed to the hospital late Thursday night after suffering a massive hemorrhage near his brain stem, this according to a rep for the singer.

Michaels is reportedly in critical condition at an undisclosed hospital. According to the rep, Michaels was suffering from excruciating headaches earlier in the day.

Michaels underwent several tests, the rep says, including CAT Scans and MRIs.

Michaels suffered from a "subarachnoid hemorrhage" -- bleeding at the base of his brain stem.

Earlier this month, Michaels was rushed to the hospital after experiencing stomach pains -- he ended up having his appendix removed.

Sarah Levy

This man is a rock legend and an icon, he has to survive, come on lord, please let god be a poison fan!!!!!!
but if he goes to heaven he'll have nothing but a good time!!
please let him survive- sl

Rain

Bret- I hope you recover. I have followed you since the early days of Poison. Love you on Celebrity Apprentice. Cant wait to see you rocking the stage again....

sandi

Poor Bret! I don't even like this dude. But I feel really sorry 4 him. I hope he doesn't die from it.That would be sad.

businessdiva2004

With all this man has suffered through...especially with his daughter being so ill, I hope and pray they will both come through this with flying colors...my prayers and thoughts are with Bret and his family at this time. Hoping for a speedy recovery....LOVE YOU, BRET!!!!!

Terry

God speed, Brett. I hope that you come out of this okay, but in my experience with 2 loved ones suffering cerebral hemmorhage, it may not be good. God bless

mycooldfw

bret michaels is at the medical center arlington. in arlington, texas my mom works there and just told me he was in there. said he's brain dead

lisa

prayers for Brett and his family

Bootsie

Get well!!!!! you are in our prayers....:) rock on......

Amanda

My heart and prayers go out to Brett and his loved ones!!! He is a strong dude and will pull through...i know it!! We love you!

homo

who cares

Teneeshia Dawson

I will keep Bret in my prayers, I think he's a good guy he comes across as a down to earth genuine kind of man. We have lost to many of the greats in the last past years, I don't think the world could handle his lost. I tune in to "The Apprentice" just to see him, what is so amazing about him is that even through he was among many stars, his persona shined the brightest. Hang in there Bret, the world still needs you.

jammie waldron

Omg!!!!! my Bret oh i am so sorry to hear that i will pray for his speedy recovery he kicks ass he has a awsome voice i wont forget you Bret.

allchoppersales.com

Get well your in our prayers

twilightmom

Hey, cooldfw...
Seriously doubt what ur saying is true, but if by sheer chance it is then I truly hope then hospital admin finds out. Her butts Out. The. Door. SERIOUS HIPPA violation!
But, like I said-seriously doubting this. Your mother probably already knows ur a bonehead-not that she could tell u in the first place.
Hoping for a good outcome Brett-the music of Poison was one of the bands from the soundtrack of my 20's! )=

lewis

Bret, may the Universe protect you and your daughter, get well soon !!!!!