Survivor 'Villain' Arrested for Battery

4/23/2010 11:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Survivor 'Villain' Arrested for BatteryOne of the stars on "Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains" was arrested in Louisiana early this morning after cops say he attacked somebody at a street festival.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Russell Hantz -- the runner-up from "Survivor: Samoa" -- was partying at the Festival International de Louisiane, when he allegedly "shoved" somebody to the pavement.

Cops say Hantz was immediately arrested by Lafayette City Police -- and taken to a nearby jail.

Hantz was eventually released.

But get this, Hantz is still in contention to win "Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains" -- which is airing now on CBS ... and yes, he's one of the "villains."

mddiva35

Russell is the best player on Survivor. All the past winners and players are hating on him because he is the best,ie; read Richard Hatch's Facebook page. I hope Russell gives Parvarti the smack down next week for leaving him out of the loop this week. GO RUSSELL!!!

Travis

I'd imagine it's getting a little heated on the streets for him. People take things way too seriously and probably think that the character he's choosing to play on Survivor is really him.

Doesn't excuse shoving someone down, but it seems pretty much like a non issue. He'll probably plead to some misdemeanor and pay a fine. Big whoop.

Beach

Russell is a pig & a liar. He burned a dude's socks hif first season. When I found he did that to me, he would have been eating a pair of socks. ANYONE on the current show that trusts him or believes a word he says is either STUPID or a CBS plant. CBS wants this d0uchbag to stay...for ratings.... WHY do you think they practically tell this @ss where the immunity idols are hidden? It's a joke really....

He claimed to be an oil millionaire. RIIIIIGHT, & I'm the Gov of La.! He's just a lying redneck.

Beach

Hot photo gallery.... Ya gotta love that pic of Obama smiling broadly with Kobe the rapist holding that Lakers jersey up. Shouldn't our President be a bit more careful who he is sucking up to???

SpeakTheWord

To all you people who trying to tell me about Survivor ...I know what im watching and when its on . What I am saying is that the way I took it is that Russell was busted in L.A and that the show is over(Heros vs Villians)since he is in LA.. and he is back in the USA . They said he was still in contention of winning which I took it that he was in the finals and if no one can see that way...oh well...and yes I know what TMZ is saying that he is still playing with about 10 others right now as of JT getting voted off.

Hep

One thing that some people may not understand: Survivor is not a "live" show. The reason he is in Louisiana and not on location is because the show was pre-filmed, edited and now being shown. Contendors are not allowed to disclose any facts about the show until it is shown.

SpeakTheWord

Russell Rocks and everyone else can suck it........

julie

Love Russell!!!!!!!!!!!
Best player by far and I hope he wins.

Congaqween

..he's a small, little TROLL!!!!

ELLIE

I HOPE THAT JERK RUSSELL LOSES THIS SURVIVOR ALSO. HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO WIN.

Tony B

★ ★ ★ Russell is the best Survivor player ever.

He's a helluva good guy, too.

He's the only reason I watch that show.

Keep on rockin', Russell. Ignore the BS buddy.

Keep Hope Alive

Naya

If he's still in the running, why was he off the island?

TexasMom

I don't usually loathe people, but I can't stand this guy. He goes beyond Villian. Who swears on their children and then does whatever? A who bullies people on the street apparently! I am a Survivor Fan, but he is the one reason each week I consider not watching. Parvati comes in a close 2nd, she gives woman's rights a bad name. She uses her body to get her way, what all woman have fought for so long to get away from.

john sinclair

No, it says he is still in contention. That means he has not been voted off yet. All people still on the show are in contention. This did not say he is in the final 2 or 3.

Chris