Phillips to Cops:

Thanks for Arresting Me!

4/30/2010 1:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's one of the most remarkable turnarounds ever -- Mackenzie Phillips just had the slate wiped clean in her drug case -- and in court just moments ago, she thanked the police for putting her behind bars in the first place.

Phillips -- who was ordered to complete a drug diversion program back in 2008 -- had all charges against her dismissed.

She calls her recovery "the most rewarding time in my life ... It really just changed my life."

On her way out of court, Mackenzie had a few words of wisdom for Lindsay Lohan: "I hope she finds the strength within herself to get some help ... I had to go until I had to walk out with handcuffs on and I don't want to see that happen to her."

Mackenzie looks and sounds amazing.  Congrats!

deb

why doesnt she want to see Lindsay in handcuffs? That is the ONLY way that crazy freak is going to get a clue.

sickofit

She has done a great job of cleaning up and helping other people. She has not had an easy life. She has been a real giving soul since her arrest, which woke her up.

Trish

Glad to hear she has a sober future. Hard to get past her sleeping with her dad. Gross...

TJ

Meh. Mackenzie has recovered and relapsed before. It's going to happen again, trust me.

rexcars

has she ever met LL?

Jay

Ummm LL has already been in handcuffs atleast twice.

Chickeeta

Listen to her Lindsay .. seriously. NA and/or AA step programs work. You have to do some serious work on yourself to get to the root of why you use. Your parents need professional help too. You're father is bat**** cuckoo for coco puffs but your mom is worse. She makes excuses for your actions. She might as well be the one to put the gun to your head and pull the trigger.

#TeamLindsay

Mackenzie, I like you and all but enjoy the sobriety while it lasts. Your damaged goods and you've been using hard drugs since you were a teen. I've lost count of how many times you've been to rehab and we all know your going to use again. And BTW the next time a paparazzo asks you about someone else problems just show some class and skip the question altogether. You wouldn't have appreciated her saying as much about you to the tabloids, so why do it to her?

C.

Good for you MacKenzie! I watched you on "Celebrity Rehab" and thought that Carrie Ann was horrible to you. She isn't ready to get help yet unfortunately. I am glad you are in a good place in your life.Congratulations.

skip

I hear she's starring in a new sitcom called 'One Dad At A Time', goodnight try the veal!

ann

i wish you the best, Mac!!!

EffingBored

Is this the lady that has sex with her own dad and tells the world....ummm....BLEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sasafras

Who is this person?!?

drugsarebadm'kay

Good for Mackenzie! After reading her book and watching her on Celebrity rehab, I am rooting for her!!! You're stronger than you think, Mac!!!

Belladonna

I say withing a year we are reading about her downward spiral. She'll be back on the stuff.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments