« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Cops: Lawrence Taylor Arrested for Rape

5/6/2010 11:42 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NFL legend Lawrence Taylor has been arrested on suspicion of rape in New York, this according to police.

Lawrence Taylor has been arrested for rape
Officials have released a statement confirming 51-year-old Taylor was taken into custody by police after someone accused the Hall of Famer of committing rape early this morning at a Holiday Inn in Suffern, NY.

The Town of Ramapo Police Department is currently investigating the situation.

A news conference is scheduled to take place in the next few hours.

Taylor -- who's considered one of the greatest defensive players of all time -- recently performed a stint on "Dancing with the Stars."

Taylor has a deep history with the law -- he's been arrested multiple times on drug charges ... and back in November, he was arrested for hit-and-run.

UPDATE: According to a local NY paper, authorities have identified the victim as a 15-year-old girl, who was working under the control of a pimp. TMZ has not been able to independently confirm the report.

Story developing ...

Lawrence Taylor has been arrested for rape

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

SpeakTheWord

We know you would Dana...we know.

Jay

Take the "R" out of the word Rape and what do you get??

yomomma

Evidently he's been charged with raping a 15 year old girl. http://tinyurl.com/33zcgsw

Madelyn

I guess when a 15 year old girl is raped and beaten that is a big part of the investigation. The self evident part. I am sooooo sick of these "athletes..pseudo heroes" thinking they can get away with anything and everything cause they are good at playing a stupid game. Doesn't matter who they hurt...its all about them. Just devastate their families, and anyone they want to use as their current toy, willing or not. When are we going to stop paying to see these animals??

HRX88540234

Anyone wanna bet that the female victim is white?

Dr. Claw

This is L.T. were're talking about for Christ's sake. This doesn't surprise me, its pathetic. This is like breaking news about Lindsay Lohan stumbling out of some nightclub. If this is true though, what a way to throw your life away.

DaChopssss

electriczipper

well you cant blame him..she told him that she was 16

electriczipper

32. oh I totally get it now...in order to be arrested for rape, you have to be black. Silly me! Here I was, thinking that the criminal justice system was turning a blind eye to rape, especially when allegedly committed by star NFL players like Ben Roethlisberger. I bet LT doesn't have the option to decline being interviewed by the police. Even better, LT is arrested right off the bat. It's all clear to me now, thank goodness.

Posted at 8:48 AM on May 6, 2010 by DaChopssss

---------------------------------
maybe he was chasing her down the street naked and she was running from him...sounds like rape to me..as clint eastwood would say..

Nanny

What the hell is a 15 yr old girl doing in a hotel in the first place. I mean shame on him to be with someone that age in the first place, especially if he is guilty of the crime.... But sometimes these girls place themselves there to begin with... Stay home and hang around with your own age........

ralph

Why is the location of the Ramapo Town Hall blacked out on the pdf? Is the location of the arresting authority protected by a rape shield law or something? Maybe it's a seperation of church and state thing.

gross!

You neglected to mention that the accuser is 15!!!

poopyface

I think It's a goldiggin bitch taking advantage of a guy with a checkered past. I think Rothlisberger didn't do anything either. Just some greedy little bitch who sees an opprptunity to get a at check.

THE PONY

HOTEL,MOTEL HOILDAY INN!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHHAHA

LOVE,
THE **** ROACH HAHAHAH

Mr. Magoo

Isn't someone innocent until proven guilty?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments