Barbara Walters to Undergo Heart Surgery

5/10/2010 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Barbara WaltersBarbara Walters announced this morning that she will be undergoing heart surgery later this week.

During today's episode of "The View," Walters said she will be having a defective heart valve replaced. She told viewers, "You know how I always say to you how healthy I am ... I've never missed a day's work ... later this week, I'm going to have surgery to replace one faulty heart valve.

She continued, "Lots of people have done this and I have known about this condition for a while now."

Walters, who's 80, went on to say, "I don't think I'm really scared ... I'm glad it's going to be over with."

Christina G.

I hope her surgery goes well.

Mr. Hudson

She has a heart?

Trish

Have a speedy recovery.

anony

Pig valve or plastic?

Barbarascy

I hope that everything turns out okay for her.

Joe Aurilio

Good Luck Barbara, I had my Mitre Valve repaired rather than
replaced. I was lucky.... I am doing very well now and staying
of top of it every 6 months with a Echo Cardiogram.
You are in my prayers and thoughts.
Keep the Faith

awards

While they are at it, how about a face lift and something that fixes how she talks...

Roberta

I hate this woman and hope she never wakes up from the anesthesia

susani

Walters said he plans to recover from her operation during the summer break in the series and then come “with a vengeance” to “The View.” Barbara Walters http://usspost.com/barbara-walters-9510/

Sandy

I wish Barbara well and hope all goes well because the ladies of the view are going to go wild without her.I also think she made the announcement today to shut people up about the Elisabeth controversy. The view has no class. Elisabeth did not apologize for the statement she made Also she then lied the next day in saying she talked to Erin and the view will not clarify i she did or not, They want that swept under the rug,

Trish

@@ 9 Are you talking about Michael Jackson?

Celeb Toast

I wish her heart surgery goes well and everything turns out okay for her.Good luck Barbara!Have a speedy recovery.

Mr. Bill

Anyone watch Merlin on Friday nights. The king remarried and the lady looked like Barbara Walters. The lady was actually a troll in disquise trying to take over the kingdom by marrying the king. Not saying she is a troll. She does get a little preachy. I don't like to watch the View when she is on. Sick of Elisabeth too.

JLS

God bless you, Barbara. I hope you sail through it all and come out fine.

tlm