Juan-Carlos Cruz -- Murder/Suicide Plan

5/17/2010 9:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Juan-Carlos Cruz was allegedly involved in a Shakespearean plot to kill his wife and then kill himself -- and it's all over their inability to have babies.

0517_juan_carlos_cruz_ex_wife

Sources say the Santa Monica Police Department and the L.A. County District Attorney are fully aware 47-year-old Jennifer Campbell has been despondent for years over her infertility and has spoken openly to friends that she wanted to end her life.

But Campbell is a deeply religious, practicing Catholic and the church views suicide as a mortal sin.

Our law enforcement sources say the information police and prosecutors have "is absolutely clear" -- Cruz was trying to honor his wife's wishes by ending her life.  He then planned on killing himself.

As TMZ first reported, Cruz -- who hosted a show on Food Network -- allegedly approached 3 homeless men in Santa Monica to kill Jennifer.

riottgirl

What a nice religious lady. She didn't want to commit a sin by killing herself, so she wanted someone else to burn in hell for murdering her...

Tweek.

miss tia

why couldn't they just adopt?

Abe

B.S. This is a bunch of horse defecation. The guy wanted to off his wife so he could avoid alimony and spend time with younger women.

Professor Obvious

I've read Romeo And Juliette but I don't remember the part where the scurrilous vagabonds armed with box cutters rush from the bushes and slice the lovesick Juliette into pieces. I may have to re-read this classic...

Crocrdoll

If this is true it's very sad.

Laurita

Yes murder/suicide is a mortal sin so why hire someone else to kill for you? and then kill yourself? makes no friggin' sense! so stupid............

jj

Wow. Here are two people who should NEVER have children. Thank goodness they couldn't breed. When will heteros learn that just because impregnation might occur resultant from their sexual practices, it doesn't mean it should.

Rob

I have never heard of these people before.. who ARE you people? Have you NO life of your own???

HarveyRLevin

What's the cause of all this attention to this case TMZ? You hold on to a story and play the hell out of it. TMZ has lost its touch.

NeverMind

Getting her a phychiatric help or at least putting her on Prozac would have been a much better idea. At least worth a try. IMHO.

Ann

I agree with both Miss Tia and Abe. Couldn't they do adoption or artifical incemination,fertility treatments or a serraget (spelling)? A couple in love, I would think, would try all options. The church can't have restrictions about conceiving. He just wanted out and thought he had a way to do it. Kuddos to the homeless that came forward.

nisiek

If she truly was religious and trusted in God, she would have gotten over this, and I know he knows this. I am a person of deep faith and infertile as well, and I love my man and it did hurt for a long time not to be able to have kids, but the truth is there are alternatives...i.e. adoption (just ask Sandra B.)and fostering kids...and what about animals?? My fur babies fill the void for me. This sounds like a poor excuse from an arrogant ******* and something aint clean in the milk here at all!!

Mayu

I'm going to agree with others. As a Catholic myself, I can tell you that suicide is a mortal sin... but having someone murder you is the same as suicide. if you're openly asking to die... it doesn't matter if it's by your hands or not. Its called assisted suicide, and it's still suicide.

Besides... IF this is true... and IF she is as God fearing as she says she is... she should know that maybe God's plan for her is to give a home to a child who otherwise has no home.

I think if this is true... the childless thing is a cop out for other more serious emotional problems because there are plenty of options available to wanna be mothers including adoption, surrogacy and fertility treatments

Mayu

maria

hmmm should you have someone killed or adopt I think I'd adopt

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments