Bret Michaels - Pre-Stroke Linked to Brain, Appendix

5/21/2010 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bret Michaels' doctor is now claiming that the "warning stroke" the rocker suffered this week was "most likely" triggered by the effects of his recent appendectomy and brain hemorrhage.

0520_bret_michaels_zabramski_BN

According to Dr. Joseph Zabramski -- Bret’s neurosurgeon at the Barrow Neurological Institute -- both of the previous events can cause a person to enter into a particular state, in which blood clots can form inside of blood vessels, thus causing the "warning stroke."

But Zabramski notes that because Bret reacted so quickly to the symptoms -- and got his ass to a hospital -- doctors were able to diagnose the problem accordingly.

As far as Bret's current state, the Doc tells us, "Bret's brain and body are not yet 100 percent, especially with this recent episode."

mrsj

Poor Bret, sending him healing prayers!

Cheryl A.

I too, am sending healing prayers his way. Bret, you know you have a lot to live for and I know you can do it. God Bless.

Gunnergirl

Best to Bret, his daughters and Kristy.
Prayers too!

electriczipper

maybe if he loosens up the bandanna he will get better..ooops cant do that his hair will fall out

Abe

Let's get opinions on how a rocker's lifestyle of too much sex, too much booze, too many drugs, and too much loud music can cause Bret's recent medical problems.

Trish

Time to get a second opinion.

Super Dave

Brett, Get you A** back on Rock of love... those chicks seems to keep your brain in order :)... Bring back Jess

Super Dave

I heard looking at ( * ) ( * ) over and over again will relieve stress...
( * ) ( * )

( * ) ( * )

( * ) ( * )

( * ) ( * )

Go Team...

Tinalouise

UMM Duh!! I am no doctor and I knew they were related! After surgery it is well known that clots can form and travel to the lungs, heart, brain, ect.. This guy is an idiot! He also said " He doesn't have any greater risk of a stroke than anyone else" WTF??? Brett get a new doc ASAP!!

electriczipper

maybe he needs a brain transplant

sam

The doctor happens to be one of the finest doctors you are going to find. My husband is the same age as Bret, has type 1 diabetes and had a brain tumor. Dr. Zabramski was our doctor at Barrow's and I tell you first hand that Bret is in excellent care. Bret and I actually were on flight from New York right after my husband was released and recovering and we spoke in detail about my husband's condition and how much diabetes affects your healing process. If you do not not live with the disease you have no idea what it does to your system, doctor's and nurses are not always sure of the effects either. Keep on fighting Bret, listen to your own instincts and believe in your doctor, he is the best!

Professor Obvious

"Bret's brain and body are not yet 100 percent". It's called getting older, it only gets worse.

DIMO

Sounds like PR HYPE to me. He's a WHAT??????? GIVES ME THE CREEPS...Rock Of Love?? SKANK SHAGGER, BIG TIME PIMP. What a wonderful example you are for your daughters!

electriczipper

smoking too much weed can make you enter into a particular state..okay my bill is $5000.00 for that advice... pay up now

Lynne

Brett, if you see this, DO NOT GO ON TOUR! At least not for a year. It will be your death. I know your guys are taking care of you by mapping out hospitals and whatnot, but is it worth it? I speak as a mom with a kidney disease, not a hater. :)

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments