Mindy McCready -- My Mom Overreacted

5/25/2010 2:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0525_mindy_02_EXMindy McCready's rep tells TMZ the singer did not OD on drugs -- she just had a bad reaction to a painkiller and her mom "overreacted."

Brent Young, Mindy's rep, tells us she broke her toe 2 days ago and has been complaining about the pain.

We're told Mindy's mom gave her four Darvocet pills this morning.  Darvocet is a narcotic painkiller.

Young says Mindy told her mom that she wasn't feeling well -- possibly from a bad reaction to the Darvocet -- and her mom "overreacted" and called 911.

McCready and her mom have been fighting over custody of Mindy's son.  Young says McCready's mom may have simply been trying to make her custody argument stronger by calling the paramedics.

Young says he just spoke with Mindy, saying, "She's totally coherent.  She can't believe her mom did this."

Young says, Mindy wants him to call Dr. Drew to say she hasn't fallen off the wagon.

UPDATE:  Dr. Drew Pinsky just told TMZ ... he's spoken with Mindy over the last few days and there was "no evidence of any relapse."  Pinsky says the Darvocet was an appropriate med for her pain.

toad

I side with Mindy's Mom. Mindy has a terrible past history of drug use. She shouldn't be around her kid.

electriczipper

well another hmm mom trying to help by getting her daughter hepped up on drugs,,,,maybe the police should spend some time grilling her..I think its against the law to give your perecription drugs to someone else..

Pretty LL

I doubt you can OD on Darvocet. I was given that after an operation and it did nothing. Plain Tylenol worked better. I didn't even get high. Not even a little bit

kickaboo

I hope she didn't take all 4 pills at once, because that is not normal behavior. Uh yeah, one would have a reaction, especially if Mindy thought she take dosage as she USED to take her drugs.

me not you

electriczipper

does being a celebrity somehow lower your IQ?
These people are the biggest idiots I have ever seen,and to think these clowns make millions of dollars.If it isnt booze and drugs, it buying houses you do not need,not taking proper care of your kids or jumping from one bed to the other.These people need to learn how to maintain themselves.Lucky bastards

Phreaky

Even if it's Darvocet - you don't give pills to a junkie! Make her get them from the doctor that treated her for her broken toe!
Idiots.

electriczipper

5. Who breaks their toe and complains about the "pain"? I've broken my toes many times, it's one of the least painful bones to break and they pretty much heal on their own.

Posted at 10:11 AM on May 25, 2010 by me not you

Wrong,breaking your toe or jamming it is one of the most painful things you can do.....

Wendy

Dr. PINKSY? Do you mean PinSKY, or are you trying to be funny?

Juan

FOUR 65mg. Darvocet ... GIVE ME A BREAK.

A professional "JOLLY TIME POPPER" like Mindy can handle those easily and still sound just fine.

Mom, you are a dirty dog and you play DIRTY.

LucyLoo

Seems like The Hoff, Lilo and now McReady all went to the Charlie Sheen School of Excuses.

Grump

Phewww.. close call, well good for her and hopefully she gets her kid back.

dd

Why do addicts blame everybody else?

sc1432

Darvocet is right above tylenol ..You sure are NOT gonna OD on 4 of em.
Darvocet has such a mild narcotic it does not do anything more for pain then if you took a couple of Mortrin.

RickJames

Cocaine's a helluva drug!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments