Ex-Hells Angel:

'Sons of Anarchy' Was

MY Idea!

6/15/2010 8:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A motorcycle war has broken out over the hit FX show "Sons of Anarchy" -- because the former NYC chapter head of the "Hells Angels" claims the network jacked his idea and screwed him out of millions.

0616_chuck_zito_EX2

TMZ has obtained a lawsuit filed by Chuck Zito -- in which the bike gang member-turned-actor claims he developed an idea for a show about an "outlaw motorcycle club" back in 1998 and pitched it to FX in 2004.

In the docs, Zito claims he entered into an "implied-in-fact contract" with FX which guaranteed if they used his ideas for a TV show, Zito would be "reasonably compensated and afforded appropriate screen credits." Zito claims FX eventually passed on the project.

So when FX began developing "Sons of Anarchy" in 2006 -- Zito was pissed ... claiming "Sons" was "substantially similar" to his motorcycle show idea.

Now, Zito claims FX is obligated to pay him more than $5,000,000 for breaking the "implied-in-fact" contract.

FX had no comment on the lawsuit.

Tammi

Kurt Sutter has addressed this idiot:

nicole

check out kurt sutter's response to this nonsense! Love this guy!!!

Juanita Velez

I think it's all a crock. If he created it why did he wait 4 years to file the lawsuit? cause he just came up with the idea to say he created it. Probably sat around with a bunch of drunk buddies and came up with the idea to sue. And if he was at Sonny Bargers party why didn't he get some of those people that respect him so much to say something. Sonny has been on the set of SOA. And just how did he leave? You don't leave the club on your own. Either you die or you are made to leave the club. He runs his mouth to much to be so respected!! Like I said before, I worked at a PD with crooked cops. I often joked I was gonna write a show about it should I sue Shawn Ryan for the Shield? Please He may have had the idea (and I doubt that) but odviously his idea didn't fly and was not well written or put together well enough for FX's liking. Similar shows are pitched all the time. The good ones make it.

God of the hells angels

Like the fat freak chicken head support man Cali Joe commenting below Zito seems to be an example of how the media the internet and keyboards are a chicken head hells angels best friend. It seems Woody pecks away using the media looking to make himself out to be a man that in real life he would hide from.

My info is all over the internet cowards like Zito have been taught not to fight or talk back to men like me that beat them and their silly gang at the same time. I hate gang banging cowards that never been in real fights that hide under a gang name and pretend they are tough or once were tough.

Hells angels are nothing but out of shape freaks and geeks you get a few in shape and some how the media makes these cowards out to be tough These punks are only tough compared to hells angels not compared to men.

I think hells angels should be banded at the mouth to keep them from spreading. I think these freaks get impregnated through the mouth . Word on the street is the chicken head Virus is spread by way of mouth from one freak to the next freak.

This is my opinion on the subject of The Foul filthy fraud freak flockers of the chicken head hells angels here in the USA.

It seems hells angels are the men named SUE

Greg

East bay head, I am just going to point out that you obviously don't know much about Harleys if you keep referring to AMC. anybody who knows Harley knows that AMC was an auto maker and AMF were the chitheads that ruined Harley Davidson Motor company

east bay head

gerg haha fug me... 100% FTW...*face palm.. your corect no arugment there in re amf not amc...
but to say i know not much is a strech, you understood the referance.. i did fail in the correct spelling of name, but did referanced them as the bowling ball company so ehhh..
and the statement that any who knows harley knows AMC was an auto maker is reaching, maybe that it was amf, but by no means, are harley enthusiasts bound to remember the gremlin... that i call bull chit on... but yes you still get the win for catching my fail bud.

Oaklandee

@east bay head He doesn't have colors anymore, but if he's "disowned", then why does he still go to Oakland parties?

This show is however, ABSOLUTELY 100% a model of the Hells Angels. Yes, the writers have claimed to very loosely follow Shakespeare's Hamlet with some of it's story lines, but they have obviously had been consulting with someone in the HA. Anyone who has been around the club can see that. Whether that would constitute a lawsuit or not, I don't know, but if anyone has a right to sue for copyright infringement, it's Sonny Barger, not Zito.

God of the hells angels

Watch the Sons of Anarchy a real biker show and then go to a hells angel event. LOL Hells angels events look like I guess a geeky gay dating service would look like.

hells angels events in the USA seem to draw The most out of shape pathetic men dressed in biker costumes . These freaks show up alone or with their support club and compete either alone or with the men they came with for the attention of the limited amount of angel members present.

what would a punk hells angel know about bikers? Nothing. Bikers do not associate with hells angel thats why hells angels hang with the punks that ride motorcycle and pretend to be bikers.

I don't see why hells angels wear a 1% patch when it seems clear they will have any man with a butt and money for companionship .

God of the hells angels

I think the Village people have a better chance of suing the 3rd street East Village hells angels then this hells angel calendar man suing KS.

When the SOA start having calendar members for their Bros in prison maybe then the chicken head hells angel freaks can say it may be their idea but even then other people can have similar gay ideas .
The hells angels don't own the market on gayness ? well maybe they do.

DarthObsidienne

@Big Joe from Cali......You're an idiot.

Richard

big joe from Cali- Big deal- HA respects Zitto. Biggest bunch of low life s*** respect someone... even rival s*** bags do!! Wow. HA- drug dealers, rapists, murderers(if they are full patch). Find a story where they get in a fight without a gun(or other weapon) or a bunch of their fat buddies swarming an out numbered bunch of guys.
Harleys = cool. Original HA ideals= cool. Organized crime that thinks total disregard for others= losers. big joe from Cali = probably short n fat

I'm Right

Why did tmz change the original pic with his mouth open?
Did "the Fonz" call up tmz and tell them to?

East Bay Lifer

It's just unbelievable the amount of disrespect shown here and from the sounds of it I can't believe I even wasted my time with you keyboard tuff bitches.

God of the hells angels

WHats unbelievable some punks think men like hells angels known for harming raping molesting and murdering women and children all over the USA should be shown respect.

this ha sewage does not contribute anything useful to society. hells angels should be killed, jailed or at the least have their beaks banded so they cannot mate with other men like themselves.

56. This guy Zito is a Big mouth. I bet this ex gang banging coward loser is just looking for publicity. LOL this is as funny as this clown pretending he is a real street fighter. I have never heard of any real street fight or pro fight this Bozo was ever in one on one and won. I don't count hitting drunks and using the name of a club into scaring people not to hit you back. Poor publicity for a loser with a big mouth is the way I see it.

It seems hells angels are the men named SUE

billy

Im not a biker and I read these blogs,...would anyone have the balls to say this to Chuck Zito? I read Kurt Sutters Blog, I think this man has a death wish or wants to get sued for slander. He talks pretty tuff for a writer/producer. If Sutter has so much knowlege about motorcycles and bikers,... than why does he have Hells Angels as consultants?
I think Sutter is really portraying Chuck Zito in his series.
As for this God Hells Angel guy,...get a life dude.