Jay-Z Sued

Over Private Jet

Flight Time is Money

6/22/2010 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It costs Jay-Z roughly $250k to spend 55 hours on a private jet -- and that's with a celebrity discount -- but according to a new lawsuit, the rapper never paid the entire cost to fly like a boss.

0621_jayz_getty_ex
Jay-Z -- aka Shawn Carter -- is being sued by Air Platinum Holding, a private jet company which claims Jigga spent 55 hours on their planes back in 2009 ... but only paid for 37 hours of service.

The suit also claims Jay-Z flaked out on some other payments as well -- here's how it all breaks down:

-- 18 hours of flight time at $4,500-per-hour (discounted from $6,000-per-hour) ... $81,000
-- Catering for 17 domestic flights ($500-per-flight) .... $8,500
-- Catering for 4 international flights ($750-per-flight) ... $3,000
-- International fees ... $8,500
-- Taxes ...  $12,285
-- Luxury trip to England ... $24,200

It all adds up to $137,485.00 ... which is why most people just fly coach.

Calls to Jay-Z's reps have not been returned.

TexYG

Encore REMIX http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHXUhng9gnA

tHEoNEwHOtHINKS

You guys are morons...

a.) It's probably not the money since he's one of the richest entertainers in the world.
AND
b.) Only an idiot believes EVERYTHING they read in the media.

Ling Mae Song

are you serious these people get "celebrity discounts". they make all this money, get all sorts of discounts, and take home free stuff when they go to red carpet events dressed in thousand dollar clothes for one nite; living a rich lifestyle while "hard working" people who are affected by the recession working 2-3 jobs houses foreclosed and having to pay full price all the time and get no special treatment or discounts.

tHEoNEwHOtHINKS

I'm in no way implying that celebrities don't get live very privileged lives. I know what it is like to be affected by a terrible job market and even have a child of my own to provide for. I agree the money in the world is extremely disproportionately distributed, and it's unfair. What I mean is that the info they (TMZ) got from wherever and/or the story they (TMZ) wrote may not justify the full story.

shotcaller

jigga man! what's your problem?. Better get B. to pay that bill or better yet hit that Riri girl up for the money. She must be rollin in dough since she sold Breezy down the river. Hahahaha or even better do some Camel cigarette ads.

pam

Figures. You know how those kind of people are.

Jim Brothers

Jay-Z is a racist bonehead. He talks about "white lies" and doesn't allow white people around him (Brit Awards, 2009.) Hope Beyonce likes being married to a racist.

rio

Ppl always have there nose in others ppl business without knowing the full truth, they probably tried to bs him on the deal, maybe he fell out with the company about something and decided if you guys want to act like that, i wont pay you....who knows, all we know is that he was on the Jet and we werent...ppl spend their entire day worried about other ppl's lives and wonder why you still broke, grow up and get a life

jaz PPP

Dude, you got the money but inside.... you are still the same old little fellow spoiled brat....

keysha Johnson

It doesn't matter because I know he is still going to rip the stage in NYC with Eminem. I just got my tix from charged.fm. I can't wait!

David Oppenheimer

Jay-Z put on an awesome performance at the 2010 Bonnaroo Music Festival - check out the photos from this show with wicked stage set - http://www.performanceimpressions.com/Jay-Z_Shawn_Carter_2010_Bonnaroo/index.html

peekay

jigga u beta pay up or face the **** maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Cinthya Davis

I remember that night in the Studio my contact lens broke you cannot clean it off the floor you must remove the tiles period. No wonder why frosted flakes are so famous they are that big 100 pieces. And spots of blood I thought I was going blind no way to get to Tokyo I was going to sneak and leave my company rushing to the hospital.The exorcists is for real I really look that way for some reason I was my real mom in prison or what! He said don't do that i went to sleep. Black leaked all on my Alpha Kappa Alpha jacket I thought it was dirt and purse sweat anything. My adopted mom came home from vacation I do not know if I can stay with her. My eyes feel like dust in my eyes! Bad in front of guests you know

Cinthya Davis

I am at the HELP WOMEN'S SH3ELTER located in Williams Ave. my adopted mother is out of town she went to Pennys. Charlotte and Kansas. I cannot stay in the house she is gone I am looking for the subsidized housing in affect I went to the Times Square I asked I did not know that I can mail the application to the department I constantly asked around. They said the case manager their is appointed from the shelter. So far everything is great so do I can finally get an apartment I paid 500 a month for a room with no kitchen and no bathroom. How long already for the year good luck on your Tour with Em is anyone concerned with Tokyo you live here or there? Love you too!
Thanks,