Lindsay Lohan -- Don't Tell the Jury You're Poor!

6/22/2010 1:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The people suing Lindsay Lohan over her wild ride on Pacific Coast Highway in 2007 want the judge to prohibit Lindsay from telling the jury she's broke ... this according to documents obtained by TMZ.

0622_lohandoc
The attorney for Tracie Rice -- the passenger in the car Lindsay was chasing -- wants the judge to "exclude all testimony about Lindsay Lohan not having money or currently being poor or in debt."

We're told Rice's lawyer is concerned ... a jury might get cheap in awarding damages if they believe Lindsay has no money.

TMZ broke the story that Lindsay is broke.

Shea

Lindsay got off very easy for having multiple DUIs and cocaine possession.
Anyone else would have done time for that.

The jury should award the victims the maximum amount possible!!

It will teach Lindsay not to take someone else's car without permission, in order to chase down an assistant that had the good sense to run away from her.

Shea

Doing it while having 2 different types of Cocaine in your system makes it even more so.

There needs to be a punishment!!!!!

Damn, Im so tired of Lindsay getting the soft glove treatment by the justice system.
Danette Meyers is my new hero - at least she does not buy into the Lohan excuses.

Virtual Insanity

Poor? She dresses head to toe in designer clothes, parties in exotic locales and has a lawyer on permanent retainer.

I guess poor has a different meaning in the Hollywood judicial system.

smartypants1

30. 15. 2. why are they sueing her anyways,,so what if she went on a joyride,if they were not hurt what do they hope to get,,geeez they proabably had sex with her that night anyways..so what more do they want?

Posted at 9:44 AM on Jun 22, 2010 by electriczipper

_________________________

They are suing Lindsay for false imprisonment, Post Traumatic Stress, etc.
Lindsay's "joyride" could have cost the 3 guys & anyone else on the road their lives. Driving drunk is not o.k. & driving drunk on coke is a felony. Wasn't she going very fast on surface streets?
Would you want to be in a car with a drunk / coked out person behind the wheel going above the speed limit? I don't think so.
Remember she supposedly said that she was a movie star, thus the rules don't apply.
Remember she told the cops the coke was not her's, it belonged to "the black guy".
I'd be so pissed at that twit.

If they has sex with her, I think that would be a reason for a lawsuit. Who knows what they could or did contact from her. GROSS!

I would sue Lindsay in a heart beat.

Posted at 10:17 AM on Jun 22, 2010 by smartypants1

so these guys had no idea that she was drunk,high on coke,,give me a break,,im sure they were too..what did she force them to get into the car,,somehow I doubt it

Posted at 12:07 PM on Jun 22, 2010 by electriczipper
_______________

THEY WERE SITTING IN THE CAR WHEN SHE "BORROWED" THE IT.
Maybe they didn't know all the facts about what she had been up to that day. DRUNK/COKED? Do you think these boys where her personal cheering squad?

smartypants1

34. When you take someone's car without their permission, especially withem in it it, it is a criminal count againts most people.

There needs to be a punishment!!!!!

Posted at 12:12 PM on Jun 22, 2010 by Shea
_________________________________

Why do other think that driving drunk all coked out is o.k. because no one was hurt?
Finally, there are a few of you out there with a brain!
THANK YOU.

smartypants1

20. People know exactly what they are getting themselves into - no one forced them into the car. Just like the wh0re$ that scream rape after they volonteer to stop by a hotel room of an NBA player =)

I am not a Lohan fan at all, but should she be a regular gal no one would even bring this to court. And all the people raving about it here - have most likely gotten into a car with a friend after a club in their lifetime - but are they suing their friend?

Posted at 10:52 AM on Jun 22, 2010 by 666
_______________________

Are you seriously blaming RAPE VICTIMS now? In my opinion you no nothing about the law.
Yes I'm sure most of us have gotten into a car with a friend who was drunk & drive. I know I have, but not in years. I was drunk myself, not thinking clearly either.
So if a woman is wearing something scandalous walking down a street she is asking to be raped?
YOU ARE ONE WARPED PERSON.
STOP BLAMING THE VICTIMS!

Uh

Yes..TMZ broke the story about Lindsay being broke. Except, of course
using unsubstantiated sources, financial dealings, etc. Just like Harvey did in the original OJ Simpson trial. Just goes to show, even when a lawyer has been inactive for DECADES, he can still vomit out
nonsense.

smartypants1

23. THIS IS A YOUNGE WOMEN A GREAT ACTRESS NO ONE IS PERFECT SHE HAS MADE MISTAKES BUT SHE WILL COME OUT OF THIS AGAIN WHAT EVER SELLS PAPERS LEAVE HER ALONE SHE IS FINE , I WOULDN'T STAY HOME AND HIDE SHE HASN'T KILLED ANYONE . PEOPLE NEED TO LOOK AT HER GOOD POINTS .I FEEL THIS JUDGE IS TRYING TO HELP HER SHE IS AFTERALL WEENING OFF SUCH SUBSTANCES SHE WAS ONE JUST WAITE AND SEE THAT IS A TOUGH LIFE LIFE STYLE SHE HAS CHOSEN MONEY IS GREAT BUT FAME MAKES YOU FEEL SUPERIOR ABOVE ALL TIME WILL TELL

Posted at 10:53 AM on Jun 22, 2010 by angles

_____________________

YOU MEAN SHE HASN'T KILLED ANYONE YET!
GREAT ACTRESS? WHAT MOVIES ARE YOU WATCHING. SHE SUCKS!

OF COURSE WE ARE NOT PERFECT, BUT ONE OF THE DEFINITIONS OF INSANITY IS REPEATING THE SAME ACTIONS, BUT EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS.
LINDSAY IS COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTROL.
YOU THINK SHE IS FINE? WHAT WORLD ARE YOU LIVING IN? SHE'S A DRUNK & AN ADDICT. THAT'S NOT FINE. THAT'S A SICK PERSON WHO HELP DESPERATELY.
WHAT GOOD POINTS DOES LINDSAY HAVE?
LINDSAY IS NOT WEENING OF ANYTHING. SHE JUST TRYING TO MAKE IT UNTIL HER NEXT COURT DATE. THE BEST SHE HAS DONE IS TRADED ONE VICE FOR ANOTHER TO BEAT THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM.

BEFORE YOU CONTINUE WITH YOUR B.S. TAKE A SPELLING LESSON, YOUR POSTS ARE JUST AS BAD OR WORSE THAN YOUR SPELLING!

smartypants1

21. To # 16 and all the others that feel that the people are right for suing Linsay - I guess you would be looking for a quick buck as well if you ever stumbled on a celebrity...If she was not a Hollywood star (washed up but still...mind you - I am not her fan in any way!) - no one would even thought of taking her to court for something like this - there are a bunch of people that get into a car after a club everysingle day drunk and go far beyound a speed limit - it is very unfortunate and illegal but happens more often than one thinks. I am sure everyone raving on here has a friend or two who drove them while being drunk, are you suing them?

And for the people that got into the car with her - it was their choice - no one kidnaped them at gun point =) It is just like all the wh0res screaming rape once the exit the hotel room of an NBA star - they went in volunterly - they knew what was going to happen - adults hook up, and drink and party - scammers are after money though !

Posted at 10:52 AM on Jun 22, 2010 by 666

________________

It's a known FACT that the guys were just siting in the car when she took it.

Paul

Post #46

I don't really think this is about the money to begin with.

I think it's about justice,and those in the car watching her get away with most things celebs do/have now-a-days.

I think they are more pissed off than anything at Lindsay.

And yes,she could have gotton all of them killed...She was coked up,and drunk at the same time?..Good Lord!!

If I was in that car with Lindsay..I'd sue her too.Especially after watching her get away with it,and being a liar at the same time.

That would stress me for years,and I personally feel I'd be entitled to something going through that..Am I making my point?

It's more than obvious they are doing this to teach her a lesson.A lesson she deserves..because obviously she'd lie if she could,and say the whole thing never happened.That is if she could get away with a lie like that.

These guys who are sueing her now,are no different than anyone else out here in America.

So quit making them out to be the bad guys,and quit being blind to Lindsay's mistakes.

Kong

Whatever happened to the tv show the skanky mother had wherein she was trying to pimp the other daughter as some kind of starlet?

smartypants1

_______________________

I went to 2 private boarding school, not because I was trouble child/teen, but because my parents thought it would be a good experience for both my sister & me.
Trust me when I tell you my sister & I had friends in school who where actors & their parents & grandparents were A list actors & A list movie producers.
Obviously we "partied" at their homes, drove home drunk etc. We were young & dumb, thinking we were invincible.
I have never looked to sue someone anytime. Especially based on the amount of money I think they have, but rather on merits of the case.
I was re-ended by a woman driving a 6 month old X5 BMW. She trashed my car & gave me some bogus insurance policy. She didn't have insurance. I had to go through my own insurance company to file a claim because I pay for uninsured motorist.
I don't care if the woman who smacked my car has ANY MONEY! I'm suing in civil court because she broke the law not me. I don't care if I don't get any money, really I don't. I just want a judgment against her for being beyond stupid. I'm not being vindictive. She should be punished for breaking the law.
You know what, she isn't famous in any way.

THE 3 GUYS WERE SITTING IN THE CAR WHEN SHE JUMPED IN FOR THE "JOYRIDE".
These guys are not scammers, just victims of Lindsay B.S.

smartypants1

42. Post #46

I don't really think this is about the money to begin with.

I think they are more pissed off than anything at Lindsay.

Posted at 1:30 PM on Jun 22, 2010 by Paul

______________________________

YOU ARE SO RIGHT! Whats up with people defending her drunk driving.
Dumbo #16 "Nicole" thinks the 3 guys should just be appreciative of the fact that they survived the incident and move on with their lives.
I doubt she would say the same if she were the one in the car
with a crazy drunk coked out D list celebrity like her or if she was hit by a drunk driver.
Nicole needs NA meetings, HAM, as well as education course regarding the law.

666

Smartypants, this one is for you =) We get it - you are cool, wealthy, smart (as you reffer to yourself-lol) etc. But you are missing the point during your self righteous blaber - you are suing in civil court and suposedly are sooooo well off that you don't want any money out of someone who has rearended you - in your case there was physical damamage + I am sure you had a physical impact to your body - all very unfortunate, I agree. These people were partying with Linsay at the time - all drunk, and all probably high, and all probably laughing at what happened at the time. The next morning they woke up with dollar signs in their eyes. The case states on their behalf that they don't want Lindsay to claim that she has no money - since they are looking to get some - they don't want to teach her a lesson - they just want $$$$$ - teaching her a lesson would be asking for a sentence involving some jail time and community work - asking for $$$ when you were not hurt, nothing was damaged - is low. They were in for the ride, they knew what was going on, so if they are so righteous - they need to ask for a jail sentence - that is all.

__________________________

48. 42.

_______________________

You know what, she isn't famous in any way.

THE 3 GUYS WERE SITTING IN THE CAR WHEN SHE JUMPED IN FOR THE "JOYRIDE".
These guys are not scammers, just victims of Lindsay B.S.

Posted at 1:47 PM on Jun 22, 2010 by smartypants1

westward ho

@ disturbed: "Most of her clothing is given to her":

not according to this girl: http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/archive/2007/04/24/lindsay_lohan_steals_****_when_the_friendships_over.php

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments