Joan Rivers -- Under Attack in Nasty Lawsuit

6/23/2010 6:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joan Rivers is being sued by a bitter ex-manager -- who claims he was never compensated for resurrecting Joan's "dormant career" ... but it's clear this lawsuit is as much about hurt feelings as lost money.

0623_joan_rivers_EX_TMZ_01
The guy going after Rivers is Billy Sammeth -- Joan's longtime "personal manager" -- who claims he "took [Joan's] dormant career" ... and found a way to get her more work and more money ... only to be stiffed out of $179k and humiliated in a recent documentary about Joan's life.

In the docs, Sammeth claims he never got his 10% cut from several paydays Joan received -- including a $200,000 check Joan received from winning "Celebrity Apprentice."

Sammeth also claims Joan and the people behind the documentary "Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work" -- defamed him by making him appear to be a "disappeared" manager.

Sammeth is suing both Joan and the production company for at least $2.2 million.

UPDATE: A rep for Joan tells us the comedian is, "confident that the judicial system will dispose of Mr. Sammeth's lawsuit in the appropriate manner."

S

He expects a cut of the $200k that she won specifically for her charity? What a s*** bag!

Darlene

LOL!!!!!

Mikey

She's a back stabber, ask Johnny Carson.

OooooNooo!

Can we talk?

Val

I thought for sure that her face was suing her for animal cruelty.

melliemel

She looks and sounds like the witch from the wizard of oz. Help I'm melting. Someone stuff a sock in her mouth. The old HAG. Now I see why her husband killed himself. Who was that in 101 dalmations? Druzilla? or Cruella Deville. Either way, I am sure that she is their older sister. Ugly Heffa

R.J. Johnson

Joan Rivers did something selfish and mean? No! I for one am shocked!

melliemel

Would somebody stuff a sock in her mouth? I hope he takes everything she's got. This plastic, loud mouth, old hag. I know why her husband killed himself. She just kept yapping at him. Plastic witch.

tmz@frog.cc

No, it's Joan Rivers' beautiful face thatb resurrected her career!!

Fiama

I hope he collects twice what he's asking. He was there for her at every step. She's a nasty one.

MAXny

I hope she doesn't have to give him any money because she needs all the doe she can get to fix her ugly f***king face.

John

This fool knows that the $200,000 Joan won on "Celebrity Apprentice" went to charity, right? Idiot.

Googie

I love Joan. She has never stopped working. If he represented her for a long time, how come her career had a slump if he was doing his job. He's another one who wants something for nothing.

BarbieJean

ewwwwww! That is all.

Artrina

What! Sweet, calm, saintly mouthed Joan Rivers hurt someone's feelings??? I don't believe it......

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments