« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jennifer Capriati Hospitalized After Apparent OD

6/27/2010 9:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0628_jenn_capriati_getty_ex_04TMZ has learned former teen tennis star Jennifer Capriati was rushed to the hospital early this morning after paramedics responded to a call for a possible overdose.

Sources tell TMZ the call came from a hotel in Riviera Beach, FL. Capriati was transported to a nearby hospital.

TMZ spoke with Jennifer's father who tells us she's recovering well.

Capriati won 14 career titles, including three Grand Slams. She also won a gold medal at the 1992 Olympics.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

jason

I think EMINEM would be a good model for her to talk with and console with .. Hey EM if you read this pick up a phone and reach out to this beautiful young lady, I bet she would listen...

aj

Some people seriously need to refrain from the negative comments... If you were a world class athlete who could no longer do the only thing you were ever known to do, You would be depressed too--- having been a person who has recovered from depression myself , I know how dark life can seem and Jennifer doesn't need your criticism,,, just your support right now. I hope she finds God and people in her life that can help her through this.

Barbara

I think that TMZ should stop speculating on what is happening to Athletes and Performers. That is how rumors get started.

camillus stevens Igwegbe

I wish her a speedy recovery,and the right people that can help her through these sad ordeal.May God guide her.

beef

Dr. DREW WHERE ARE YOU!

Lilly

Drugs and alcohol are depressants.
Consume them, and you get depressed.
Family own Carlsberg beer or something.
Probably got an early start.

mike

Getting clean & sober is easier than staying clean & sober IF< thats what really happened. I wish her a full recovery.

bob

Poor thing, I hope she can get straightened out as she's had substance abuse problems for many years. I thought she was over all that but it sounds like she relapsed.This is an all too common problem these days.

Matt Calderone

I am jennifer's cousin. I can asure you that Jennifer had a Bad reaction to medication... NOT a Overdose.... So Enough with the stories... Any other questions you can ask me personality at queensmatty@aol.com.

2drk2fck

Matt what is she doing in riveria beach? that is the worst place in south florida and has been for years.

mike

So I'll just say feel better, get well..we all miss u.
To the other people who made posts here, talking about responsibility,weed,pill popper etc...thousands of people end up in ERs every year in the United States due to over dosing, wrong dosing, drug interactions..people like me and you.. and patientso already in hospitals end up being misdosed by MD's and/or nurses.
Jen only gets noticed because she was a great tennis star.

Dennise

I pray she receives the help she needs, and all turns out well. Get better Jen.

horsesmouth

Jennifer was hooked on his c@ck. She played games and toyed with Dale for years. She would tell her friends,"I am not with Dale..Oh please!" 15 minutes later she was on her tennis playing knees.

Harold Burns

Waaahhhhhh, Poooooooor Jenifer, **** all you bleeding heart liberals

Simon Melendez

I'm still a fan Jenn. I pray for you power over this problem and that you get better. You are a national treasure and I hope for you a disciplined regimen so that you are the best you can be. God bless

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments