« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Derek Fisher Courted by Miami Heat

7/9/2010 9:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Miami Heat aren't done hunting for talent -- TMZ has learned LeBron James' new team is in hot pursuit of Los Angeles Lakers superstar Derek Fisher.

0709_derick_fisher_miami_heat_EX

Well-placed NBA sources tell TMZ ... Fisher -- who has 5 championship rings -- has been contacted by several members of the Heat organization including multiple players.

We're told Fisher -- who is a free agent -- is slated to be in Miami tomorrow to hear a pitch from Miami Heat President Pat Riley.

It's been reported that Fisher already has an offer on the table from the Lakers -- but it ain't exactly a killer deal. We'll see if  the Heat have enough cash left to bring the Fish to South Beach.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jason Chambers

Superstar?

xD

TheRealJerseyShore

KOBE is the only superstar on the Lakers. Fish is a nicer player but far from a superstar.

STORYBURNcom

How in the world can they afford him now?

john

This is dumb.. yall should have posted the part of the interview NOT SHOWN ON TV http://gochitchat.com/2010/07/reporter-goes-off-on-lebron-the-part-you-didnt-see-last-night/

J

Sounds like Miami thinks they need a "gray hair" for experience. Also, his stature and rings might help manage the young big egos who will defer, a little, to his experience on the court and in winning championships.

He is also one of the best "floppers" in the business. Makes those soccer injury-fakers in the World Cup look like amateurs.

Truth

EPIC FAIL FOR MIAMI. THEY ARE TRYING TO BUILD A "SUPER TEAM" WHICH WILL FALL FLAT IN THEIR FACE. HUGE SALARIES BUT ZERO RESULTS. HMM, WHERE HAVE I SEEN THAT BEFORE...

Christine

Say it ain't so! Fish needs to stay here w/the Lakers and retire w/the Lakers - period. Oh, btw, he is a superstar and there are more superstars on the Laker team. . .really! Kobe is not the be all end all. There is no I in team, dumbass. . .

Howard

What ever happened to TMZsports.com? I thought that was supposed to roll out in the Spring. Hurry up Harvey ESPN has had a monopoly on sports for too long. That one hour LeBron "decision" special was a steaming bucket of piss.

BigmoneyBleezy

d-fish needs another laker three peat. dont go to those traders....booo miami!!!! narcissistic traders with no guts. boooo. Lebron couldnt be more hated!

BigJigga304

Laker Nation will stand no matter what! LeBron quit on his team in the Playoffs and he will quit on Wade too. Unless Kim Kardashian comes with the new contract...

Macker1283

Im guessing a woman wrote this post considering she referred to Derek Fisher as a "superstar".

Superman

I think all this is going to blow-up in the Heat's face. Well, as long as the Lakers don't get another championship, I don't really care. So, Fish keep your flopping butt in LA.

Klipper

They might as well just hand Miami the next 3 to 5 championships. I don't know how the hell they can afford this super team they're building but nobody's going to be able to touch them. Thank god the Lakers are done. I don't care about The Heat but I'd take anybody over the Lakers.

Melanie Anne

I admit, I talk sh*t about LeBron all the time, but hell, I did sit and watch the decision-making conference on ESPN. I swear, it was like a player chosing what college to go to. I half expected to see three hats in front of him! Anyway, I love the Lakers, but come on Fisher. You're old, dude! You're done! Sure, you do clutch, but the Lakers aren't gonna pay you an obscene amount of money for a shot at the buzzer.

Lily Luna

Nooooooooooooooo!.... Say it isn't so...

Fisher belongs in L.A.

What does Jack have to say about this? ugh...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments