Lindsay Lohan Checks Herself In

7/15/2010 11:36 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan is apparently trying to blunt her 90-day jail sentence by moving in to a sober living house.

0221_media_removed-1
Lohan was spotted entering a facility in West Hollywood yesterday afternoon. Lohan's mother, sister and Sam Ronson were seen at the facility later that day.

As we first reported, attorney Robert Shapiro has been hired to help Lindsay either reduce or eliminate her jail sentence.

TMZ broke the story ... Shapiro is trying to push rehab immediately hoping it will satisfy Judge Marsha Revel.

Part of Lindsay's sentence was to check into rehab for 90 days after serving the jail time, but this appears to be an example of putting the cart before the horse.

UPDATE: Michael Lohan tells TMZ, "Why is that I had to cry from the mountain for Lindsay to listen to me, and now finally she is doing what I said?

I just pray they implement everything else I said, like getting Lindsay clean of all meds, picking all new friends and management, and that Dina put her motives aside and she go to counseling with Lindsay and me."

Nicole

Why should she be put in jail with all the overcrowding she is a non violent offender.
Hopefully the judge sees sense and reduces the excessive jail term.
She didn't need rehab before July as she was allowed to drink now she has to stay sober unti August 8th 2011 so could do with some help in helping her achieve this.

angles

GOOD FOR YOU LINSAY I TRULY HOPE ALL WORKS OUT FOR YOU KIDDO THIS IS SO UNFAIR THE WAY YOU HAVE BEEN TREATED . BUT SHOW THE JUDGE THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO HELP YOUESELF I DON'T BELIEVE HALF OF WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT YOU AND I HAVE FAITH IN YOU THAT YOU WILL COME OUT OF ALL THIS RETURN AGAIN WHOLE AND UNTAINTED JUST KNOW WE ARE RUTING FOR YOU

angles

Superman

You call that a "sober living house"?!? She needs to get away from those people!!! This is just a smoke-screen! Oh, it's pretty funny how Sam Ronson isn't saying anything in person and is trying to hide her face; she must need twitter to do her talking for her.

Sammie

I told my husband she was going to try this. I hope the judge throws the book at her. And nothing pisses me off more than her trying to skirt the whole thing (what a wienie). It is just plain BS that she is doing this and I am assuming it's at the direction of Shaprio. No wonder we all hate lawyers. They deserve it.

Beth

The Judge is not going to allow that - let's hope!! Thsi little idiot needs to get it over with and due her time for her crime.

awards

She will be on a tube steak diet pretty soon?

Bill F. Murray

This is what she's been doing thru this whole mess...whatever she wants. Didn't want to go to weekly meetings, I'll go 2x in one week and take next week off...oops, can't make it back for court,'lost' my passport...no I wasn't drinking, something is wrong with the SCRAM.

The judge should tell her she's off to a good start (if she's sincere), but she's still going to jail...then sit back and watch the true LL show her face.

Superman

Great. A bible reference in an article about Lindsay Lohan.

Posted at 7:58 AM on Jul 15, 2010 by Whatever
----------------

"putting the cart before the horse" is not a Bible reference. What are you on?

Elle

I hope that the judge was asked about this because knowing her she'll see it as trying to manipulate the court, and be pissed. I hope that if this is all a ploy, then i hope she still serves her time, and still has to go to rehab afterwards. This is a joke that the court system in America can be bought and regular people with no access to slimy expensive lawyers will never have this type of opportunity. Everyone does not live by the same laws.

sst0026@yahoo.com

Lindsay!, WTF! Why are you cir***vent the law? Robert Sharpiro have to get the Judge Revel to sign on this arrangement. I believe the judge will not agree on this though. Suck it up and do your time because you did the crime. Average people with DUI convictions who are not rich have to spend time in jail. This judge have given you chances to complete these court ordered classes, you thumb your nose at her orders and continue to VOP. As by law, Judge Revel had no choice to sentence you for 90 days. Luckily, you don't live in Florida, you would have face from 30 days for 1st VOP & more if multiple VOP's occurs. lindsay, just do it YOUR TIME!

TheRealJerseyShore

Hey Sammie # 23 - the judge already threw the book at her. Just because she is trying to mitigate the sentence at this point doesn't mean the judge can give her more jail time. The judge isn't going to be swayed by this. I only hope the Dr. that has to evaluate her for the court prior to jail is not swayed. She definitely needs to do some jail time. I mean sheesh Paris Hilton even did a few weeks of jail time and this chick is a multiple offender.

Mr. Yuck

Get real, Blohan. This mea culpa of yours is too little, too late. Judge Revel has your number, so the jig is up. Show a little dignity and do your jail time. You only have yourself to blame on this one little girl.

Paul

She's ONLY doing this to avoid jail.

If it was about trying to sober up,she'd of done this along time ago,and without having the threat of going to jail.

This is just another one of the Lohan's bull**** they seem to pull.

She'll probably stay there,and live while they appeal the case too...

This woman sure is...well not a person I care to watch on the big screen anymore.

Just seeing her is a reminder of the stupidity of humanity.

Drummer17

Sober Living is something you go to after REHAB. Unless TMZ got this wrong and it is a REHAB this should not count as treatment. This is regareded as aftercare. She needs sober living but after she does a full blown 90 day treatment program, with tons of structure!