'Jersey Shore' Producers -- They're All Expendable

7/19/2010 12:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The producers of "Jersey Shore" don't want to cave to the cast's demand for more money, and are ready to cut the cord, TMZ has learned.

0719_Jersey_shore_getty_ex
TMZ broke the story ... members of the cast went on strike yesterday, refusing to shoot over the weekend for Season 3.

Sources connected with 495 Productions tell TMZ the cast is ultimately hurting the show.  As one source put it, "The show is not about famous rich people with managers coming to the Shore."

495 would like to keep a few of the cast members -- notably The Situation, Snooki and Pauly D -- but they think the strike by the cast is the last straw.

We're told the cast feels like they've been tricked, because they felt their contract -- which gives each of them $10,000 an episode -- was only supposed to cover Season 2 in Miami.  They feel they're being screwed now that producers want them to go to the Shore and shoot another installment under the existing deal.

As we first reported, The Situation is being tempted with a sweet new contract and we're told it's pissed off some of the other cast as well as the crew.

Here's the rub ... Sources say MTV thinks they have "magic in a bottle" with this group and wants to keep the cast intact.

A rep for MTV had no comment.

Broeheem

The "M" in MTV stopped representing music at leat 20 years ago. It now stands for "moronic". I too, loathe pretty much all forms of so-called reality TV. This crap CAN'T be real.... show after show - a gaggle of fake-breasted, Lohan-lipped useless wannabes lounging around yet another billion-dollar mansion bitching at each other day and night. If I leave the TV on and walk out of the room for more than 3 minutes, I swear that the TV automatically changes channels to the incessant whining/sniveling/cursing of anything Kardashian (vomit). If what airs these days is truly reality, I believe we're doomed.

Lizz

People jump up and down because they think these folks are behaving badly, but truthfully, MTV is making MILLIONS off of them (and how dumb they are), and the cast deserves to make money as well.

I watch the show, I want the original guidos. I'm not trying to watch new "wanna-be-dos". I do think that if they want angelina back they can pay her $1.50 an episode. SHE. SUCKS!!! I think it has to remain The Situation, Pauly, Snookie, JWoww & Vin. The rest can go.

jx2

I want to know what they do to get $10,000. per epi.
I can do big hair.

MacGuffin

Let's hope someone at MTV has the balls to fire this entire cast and smear on humanity. But my guess is that this is all a negotiating tactic. Unfortunately, Jersey Shore will be back with all these self-inflated losers.

Bonnie J

Wow, they are as DUMB as they look. $10,000 a show - THERE ARE thousands of us regular folk living "reality" WITHOUT A JOB! They should be thankful.

KellyR

@ 70. "TMZ FEEL FREE TO NOTIFY ME WHEN YOU PUT MJ BACK ON THIS SIGHT UNTIL THEN I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO. THANK YOU"

Yeah, cuz THAT horse hasn't been beaten to death already...

neither of these two sluts

there are a ton of supid men that would take the job in jersey...and believe me snookie aint the only ho in jersey she too can be replaced..hell replace her with a sow, no one would tell the difference...next crop of jersey idiots are on their way!

glittermom

We should be so lucky to be rid of those skanks...

MCJOE RAPMASTERX

Personally, I've never ever seen the show...but from what I gather...I could go out to my local bar or club and get the same show in real life...so why should I bother? Life's too short man.

pattycake

"We're told the cast feels like they've been tricked, because they felt their contract -- which gives each of them $10,000 an episode -- was only supposed to cover Season 2 in Miami."
Did any of these people take the time to read the contract they were signing? Do they not have agents or lawyers to tell them what these contracts say? If it only covered season 2 then it should say that in the contract somewhere.
Losers.

Taylor Dadson

Hooray... the producers know what they're talking about. This crew is just like yesterday's trash. Needs to be thrown out - it's beginning to stink.

wren

They are like gum...chewed up and no flavor left, so put a new piece in! I could pick a whole new cast just walking the Jersey Shore, and find the same (er...sic) talent in people willing to get face time for half what they make. Over rated, no talent but whoring yourself for infamy (look it up guys, does not mean famous or talented). Your fifteen minutes of fame is soooooo long gone. Move on already.

Chuck

I tried to watch this fringe show because of all the hype. I was turned off by the unlikable chartacters. Some more likable people might make it more watachable...at least for a larger audience.

jo

Not worth the time to watch it.. If MTV would look at the ratings I think they would see its a "has been" show.. They are trying to grab the followers that had when snooky got punched ( which should have never been so publicly glorified ) People are totally bored with the show and MTV is going to lose a lot of views if they keep running crap like Shores There are no contracts now.. its an easy out for MTV Drop the show.. Drop the dead beats that MTV call a cast.

Trevor