Julianne Hough:

I Thought Seacrest

Was Gay!

7/22/2010 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There's a reason it took Ryan Seacrest such a long time to score a date with his new girlfriend Julianne Hough -- she thought she lacked the proper equipment ... genitally speaking.

072210_julianne_ryan_getty
Our spies in North Carolina tell us Hough was in town for her birthday dinner at a Morton's steak house the other night with a bunch of friends ... and at one point during the meal, she was asked, "How did you and Ryan get together?"

Julianne responded, "He was after me since I was 18 ... he totally wasn't my type ... I thought he was gay."

But Hough continued, "After a few years, he was persistent ... so I went out with him on a date and I realized how much I liked him."

We're told Ryan and Julianne have been together for a couple of months.

Seacrest ... out?

DonnyBaker

After rereading the article, my reading comprehension is as questionable as Seacrest's sexuality.

Janice

Their age difference is no big deal! My parents had 32 years between them and married for 30 until my father passed. They were happy years too.

I don't see why everyone thinks Seacrest is not a catch. Damn people, he owns half of every show out there. He is mega, mega, mega rich. Whatever the case, he gets beautiful "yummy," and she gets beautiful cash. No losers here!

Dee

I STILL think he's gay. He's a strange guy to be sure. Not a man's man like you find here in the Northeast, US. I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. Ewwwww!

jo

Finally, a different and creative tact to protect an image by HWood. Bravo to Ryan's camp on this brilliant move! Let's wait and see what other celebs copy this PR move.

Muppet

I'm with Ellie on this one. Who would say that about their partner?? This just shows people how immature she is! He really should ditch the dirt immediately!! She's not going to be doing him any favours, you can tell already by the comments she made. He can do better than this. Maybe he should try someone his own age with some class and maturity!

flip[wilson

Dee... that's exactly what Ryan's waiting for... a ten foot pole.

GB

He needs to look like he's straight. He wanted that Larry King job. A lot of gay men can fake it.
He has big money now so he can buy straightness. Why did he wait so long?

GB

He's so in love with himself it's hard to believe. Total narcissist, with a good "straight" act.

Rodney

Funny How these Hollywood skanks suddenly find "love" when the guy has millions of dollars and can boost there careers.....

noneofyourbusiness

I believe she is too immature to handle a man of his fame and stature. She does not impress me-at all. I think Ryan needs to just get with someone on his level. I cannot imagine her being able to have any kind of intelligent conversation.

jmak10

This little Skank certainly knows how to get around doesn't she, just like Kate Hudson. Wasn't she just recently engaged to another dancing partner? Be very careful Ryan, I would have some kind of contract drawn up now in case this little manipulator takes him for everything he has.

Cella

Funny because I've always thought her BROTHER is gay.

WHATEVER

THIS IS AN ANCIENT HOLLYWOOD PLOY. YOU TAKE ONE GAY GUY, AND ONE WOMAN WHO AGREES TO FAKE A RELATIONSHIP. ROCK HUDSON WAS GAY BUT WAS ALWAYS "DATING" AND EVEN GOT "MARRIED" BUT HE WAS STRICTLY GAY AND EVEN DIED OF AIDS.
HUDSON COULD HIDE BEING GAY A LOT BETTER THAN SEACREST...SEACREST IS A LITTLE HISSY QUEEN.
IF JULIET IS SO ENTHUSIASTIC, YOU CAN BET SHE'S GAY TOO, AND WANTS TO HIDE IT.
ITS CALLED TAKING CARE OF TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE {HORRIBLE SAYING BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN}. THEY CAN BOTH HIDE THEIR TRACKS.
TMZ SHOULD DIG UP SOME DIRT ON JULIET...WHY DON'T YOU PROVE SHE'S GAY ? SHE MUST HAVE A GIRLFRIEND OUT THEIR SOMEWHERE.

WHATEVER

IF JULIET IS SO ENTHUSIASTIC, YOU CAN BET SHE'S GAY TOO, AND WANTS TO HIDE IT.

TJ

Once he started making millions he didn't seem so gay to her anymore.