Oksana Meets with Computer Crimes Attorney

7/22/2010 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Oksana Grigorieva just went to the law offices of an attorney -- a former federal prosecutor who specializes in computer crimes -- considered one of the foremost authorities on Internet crimes.

0722_oksana_man_EX_getty
The attorney -- James Spertus -- practices in West Los Angeles.  Oksana is in his office right now.

It's interesting ... because sources tell TMZ Mel Gibson's lawyers have told the Sheriff's Department that they have evidence someone tampered with the tapes and they want Oksana investigated.

Spertus has lectured FBI agents and prosecutors on prosecuting intellectual property crimes.  He is the founding member of the Computer Crimes and Intellectual Property Section of the United States
Department of Justice.

We spoke with Spertus, who would not comment about Oksana.

On her way in, Oksana said she never tried to extort Mel Gibson.

UPDATE:  Sources connected with Oksana tell us she has been advised to make a copy of her hard drive in the event the Sheriff's Department seizes her laptop in connection with the criminal investigation.

0722_oksana_law_office_clea

nobleday

The tapes sound like here part was recorded and then she added Mel's stuff afterward. The tapes sound totally fake to me. She strikes me as a schemer-type person. I don't believe the tapes at all...what I do believe is that she made Mel really mad.

Of course not everything Mel said was OK, but people say really stupid things when they get mad. Oksana's probably working for someone who wants to bring Mel down. He'll be OK.

BReasonable

Sqiggy, this is all in fun. I hope no one here is getting all crazy over this debate.

amba

JANUARY 7, 2010 -- 3:25PM

MG: Oksana, I wasn't safe for you last night. I spent two hours with a therapist today and have regained some perspective. What I'm telling you know if I am safe & would like to come by and make amends to you, sascha and Lucia. I won't stay just let you say your peace and I'll say mine. Let me know if it's alright!

MG: Or if it's not.

MG: Let me know either way.

MG: Yes or no.

MG: It's important that I apologize to sascha before he goes.

MG: Please respond one way or another.

OG: I have two broken front teeth and a concussion. I can not c u today, I'm hurting. U can apologize to Sacha some other time.

MG. Did you get them fixed yet?

MG: When can I see you?

MG: I need to see you this evening & then I promise I'll leave you alone
for as long as you want

MG: If only for 10 minutes.

MG: Please.

Ginaelise

No matter what you think or who you think is to blame, prayer is what is needed. Please pray. Go see www.support-mel.com

Razzy

I can't believe many of you trashing Oksana, when the reality of it all is that neither Mel or Oksana is innocent here, the victims are baby Lucia and probably her son Sacha. After all the dust settles we will find out that Mel has whacked Oksana around a few times and Oksana wanted more money and hoped that leaking the tapes she would get a better $$ deal. It is reported he offered her $15 Mil if the tapes would not get leaked to the public. So it is obvious he was trying to hide his nasty side to the public and I would not be surprised to find out Oksana wanted more $$ too. The outcome will be Mel will not get sent to jail (of course not, $$ talks), but his reputation will be more tattered than ever. Now, he will not only be known as racist against Jews from a few years earlier, but now a racist of blacks, Hispanics and women, plus a woman beater. Now, there are real outstanding attributes. NOT!!! Mel should go into some mental hospital for a year or more to work out his demons. He definitely needs it. Afer all, don't think he will be working in Hollyweird for some time, so will definitely have some time on his hands.

StarryStarryNight

#64 @Alica...your question shows your naivity. Gibson's estate is valued at close to $900 million. He doesn't need to work to survive, but like most successful actors, is dedicated to his craft and values his public image. In this regard she has potentially destroyed him. It's my hope that she hasn't.

Posted at 12:15 PM on Jul 22, 2010 by John

LOL...I said if/when...that's a VERY big if.

There was an article in the L.A. Times wondering why Hollywood had not come out against Mel. It's because he is still marketable.

We have AT&T U-verse. I searched Mel's name and many of his movies are lined up to be aired. They're going to be played and people, lots of people, are going to watch them. Me included.

Lynn M

..."He broke up with Oksana because Robyn did not want Lucia to be included in their kids' trust, and Robyn kept playing on his nerves with the divorce settlement demands, and organized the PR campain against Oksana in internet (probably this is also subject of Oksana's meeting with the lawyer today - to show that all these negatively commenting bloggers were hired by one person)."...
Posted at 11:56 AM on Jul 22, 2010 by amba

You are delusional. And, oh, I'm still waiting for my check from this mystery person, LOL, as I have been called a "paid blogger" in this story. What a joke!

As for the "trust" allegation you've made, he could set up a separate trust. Robyn Gibson does not seem the type for such pettiness. She has been described as a strong woman who is respected in Hollywood circles. She does not seem the type who would hold grudges against a baby. I COULD see her demanding a separate trust for Lucia so that her kid's inheritance is protected from Oksana.

shannon

she needs to go away she seen a target when they first met and new what she was doing shes a gold digger

Sqiggy

Again I'm sorry that I have to keep repeating myself but think what you want and say what you want. Ignore me or not it's all about free choice.

I don't work for ROL,But if you choose to believe that then that is fine by me. It's your personal opinion which you have the right to post.

And no for the record I'm not angry I know it's all in good fun cause at the end of the day this story doesn't effect me one way or the other however it's JUICY and fun to comment on.

You know like none of us want to see a car crash with people who died yet it's still hard to not look. It's human nature.

shannon

she need to go to mental hospital

MikeP

What do you mean "make a copy of your hard drive" first no "average perosn" would have any clue how to "make a copy of your hard drive", are you suggesting she make an image of her drive?" with say "Norton Ghost" or Acronis, etc, and then know how to add an extra compatible drive for her pc, "IDE or SATA", (if she has the empty bay?", or she should know how to say get a 3.5 inch, (ide or sata) enclosure, and go the Usb route? to then burn her image, and make it bootable? What the f? are they talking about, and you normally need HER drive, as then with proper tools you can recover what she may have tried to delete. Is this a joke?

StarryStarryNight

nah sqiggy...you sound angry. but no biggie...angry away.

StarryStarryNight

Posted at 12:41 PM on Jul 22, 2010 by MikeP

lol!!! great post, mikep.

Lynn M

What native English speaker says " I wasn't safe for you last night" and "What I'm telling you now if I am safe"? When I saw the title of the story on RadarOnline, I thought it was Oksana who was being quoted. Anyone else think it was an odd?

Razzy

OT but a question. Does any of Mel's kids work or does he still support them financially? I know he has some kids in their late 20's now. He has 8 kids and raising kids ain't cheap. Not to mention the pending divorce settlement Mel has to pay Robin. I can't believe that is still up in the air over 2 years now. Anyway,maybe that is why he has to sell off his houses and get rid of his Laker tickets instead of blaming his $$ problems 100% on Oksana. . True supporting Oksana, her sick as a dog career, and her son adds on the money too. That is of course, if his $$ problems are real. I find it real fishy how a guy who's estimated wealth is close to $1 billion can now be in financial straits all of a sudden. I have a suspicion its a mind game he is playing on Oksana. He figures he tells her he is having $$ problems, than she won't ask for a real big financial and child support settlement.