'American Idol' Interested in Jessica Simpson

7/28/2010 6:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jessica Simpson has had "several meetings" with the brass at "American Idol" in the hopes of taking over Simon Cowell's judging duties ... and sources involved tell TMZ there's "mutual interest."

0728_Jessica_Simpson_idol_getty_bn

We're told "Idol" is expected to make an official announcement regarding the judge situation sometime around the beginning of September.

So far, FOX has no comment on the situation.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Ehécatl

Why would they be interested in her? Do they need a judge who can lip-sync comments to contestants?

Abe

Have Jessica replace Ellen.

Ellen is so frigging ugly I can't stand to watch the show.

At least Jessica will give me a ha*d-*n while I'm watching.

x

HMD

Oh great.. someone with no talent..(other than being Sexual Napalm) judging others who have no talent... this should end well...

Roger

Jessica who???????????? Has been!How about you lose fifty pound then we'll talk.

lulusez

First Ellen with no musical background, now someone with no talent. Goodbye American Idol. Geez, how about Gilbert Godfrey as a judge? Who next.

Carl

I'm not taking this very seriously. So far I've heard Jamie Foxx, Ryan Seacrest, Harry Conick Jr., Jessica Simpson, Chris Issac, Brett Michaels, and probably others I've forgotten. This is just a game of name dropping on a show that will start plummeting in the ratings now that Cowell is gone.

Proud Canadian

Jessica Simpson over sings every song she does!!! How can she critic others. Maybe she should start listening to her own stuff and start criticing there first.

Amy

If there's a viable replacement for Simon, no one's come up with it yet.

lulusez

I got it! The only judge that can replace Simon Cowell is Triumph the Insult Comic Dog. Now THAT I would watch!

Celebrities Suck

Jess NO more BOTOX you are starting to look like joan rivers....

nobleday

No...no...no. She is great at many things, but this wouldn't be something that she'd excel at doing. She was live on QVC, and had a lot of trouble coming up with things to say. The other people saved her. It was something of a flop.

This would not be a fit.

JON

Her Uncle Homer would be a better choice.

Majestik

I'll take Bret Micheals in Simon's place. I stopped watching this show when they put in Ellen, what the hell does she know about music except to dance on her show and she's not that good at that either.

yup

That's like poop telling vomit it stinks.

boner

NO TALENT!!!!!!!!! What is she going to Judge plastic surgery???? She cant even hold a conversation even when she is'nt on drugs. Please let her just stick to Karoke night in Redneckville!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments