'American Idol' Interested in Jessica Simpson

7/28/2010 6:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jessica Simpson has had "several meetings" with the brass at "American Idol" in the hopes of taking over Simon Cowell's judging duties ... and sources involved tell TMZ there's "mutual interest."

0728_Jessica_Simpson_idol_getty_bn

We're told "Idol" is expected to make an official announcement regarding the judge situation sometime around the beginning of September.

So far, FOX has no comment on the situation.

reys

ya, why would they have all nice judges? doesn't make sense....someone needs to weed out the competition....Usually on American reality shows, that person is English. So it'll be someone no one has heard of here, or Piers
lol

Jaime

I'D RATHER TAKE BRET MICHAEL'S THEN WATCHING THIS SLUT. AS IF THE SHOW HAD LOST MY INTREST NOW AS SIMON WANT BE ON NO LONGER.

Anya

lol........... why in the world would they want her? I'm sure they could come up with someone much better than that. She would be worthless as a judge and the only viewers she would draw would be those like me wanting to see her mess up.

wvgreeneyez

As if the show wasn't stupid enough.... just sayin'.

ON the QT

They should put in Quentin Tarantino as Simon's replacement. Yes, you heard me, the QT.

Because I want this show to die already, and QT's the man to do it.

Jess Man

I thought they were looking for a new Simon, not a new Paula.

Someone

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO............she's too nasty for words. If they're going skanky blonde, why not Brittney Spears?

J Simp

Go for it Jess!

Steelerchick

Shouldn't there be a judge with musical ability???

Leila

Please, no!!! Say it isn't so!!! American Idol has had enough problems in the last couple of years and Jessica Simpson would make it "American Idol At It's Worst."

Get back to work!

She can't even remember to periodically close her mouth, so why would we watch this my-IQ-is-smaller-than-my-shoe-size dingbat on American Idol?

Note to AI producers: Simon is irreplaceable, but you could at least attempt to search for someone remotely intelligent. I hear Ian Bernardo is free...

Clarissa

I think the perfect person for the job is Gene Simmons. He has a big ego like Simon and would not hesitate to tell someone they stink if he believed it. We don't need another girl who is afraid to not be nice!!!!

E

I'd like to see em replace the whole show with a test pattern. It'd be a whole lot more watchable.

J D

Jessica Simpson is dumb as a stump she can't do anything without her Dad!She can't even figure out if she is eating fish or chicken when she eating tuna? She has failed in everything she has done yet they want her to be a Judge?

Jennifer Hensley

Jessica Simpson would be the absolute WORST choice as American Idol Judge. The BEST choice would be BRET MICHAELS for a host of reasons, the first of which is that he is a musician and, above all else, a professional. He's a decent, hard-working, extremely intelligent (anybody who has watched Celebrity Apprentice can attest to this), down-to-earth guy who, I think, would turn American Idol around and increase viewership immensely.